[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Game keep deleting sims and keep creating new latinos sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Half of my sims families disappeared... the game wiped them and only the sims that lived in house are still there, the rest disappeared!!! I began to suspect something when there were no co-workers in the laboratory except my colleague Rebeka... Sims hours later appeared some new co-workers...

I decided to check my friend list list and almost all my sim colleagues disappeared... the same with several families... I have a no-played sim that had twins, when they got adult one of them move out and married a girl and they had three kids, while the other married a man and had a kid, I decided she stay in the house... now the twin that didn't live in the house disappeared and she is no more in the family tree...

I just read there is a limit of 180 sims, I play the long life but I'm sure I didn't have 180 sims... and even if I had 180 sims, while the game delete all sims that are not in houses, THE GAME KEEP CREATING NEW SIMS!!!

I prefer the game stop creating new sims and leave my existing sims alone... and I don't know if it is because I live in Costa Rica, but all new sims created are mostly latinos... and some times it create a black person, but almost all my sim population is latino... all the white sims in my game or are the from the original game (Goth, Landgraab, etc...) or I created them... the same with the Asians, my game don't create Asians sims, I created all of them and almost all my Asians families were deleted... and it hurt because one of the deleted Asian sim was my sim best friend (and my sim's brother lover)!!!

I will love the game have more gender variety in create sims... I will see if I can get a Mod that make the game stop creating new sims and don't delete my existing sims!!!

Message 181 of 209 (853 Views)

Re: Game keep deleting sims and keep creating new latinos sims

★★★ Apprentice

i have the same, i don't want that de game delete my ghost sims. Q.Q

and al my non created townies are loonly mothers with a kid with no boy or father. only girls. what is wrong with a boy?

Message 182 of 209 (738 Views)

Re: Game keep deleting sims and keep creating new latinos sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

From the patch notes Update: 12/04/2015 – PC Version 1.13.104.1010 / Mac Version 1.13.104.1220

"I wanted to take a moment to speak directly to one of our most important issues.

We have listened to your feedback on culling and performance. And we have been, and will continue to address these issues, and have a group dedicated to them.

Some of the work they have been doing recently has been focused on optimizing load times, reducing memory usage, and increasing performance… but what about culling? Well, it turns out culling happens because of the need of those three items: load times, memory usage, and performance."

This basicly means EA is promising to work on this issue. About a year too late, if you ask me, but I do hope they'll eliminate this issue now.

Message 183 of 209 (719 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

★★★ Novice

I am not sure if this is what happened to me, but here is what I saw. I had a male sim and I made him get all the female sims pregnant. None of the mothers or children lived with him. Some of them had their own homes and some were townies. He was up to 50 or 100 children, and suddenly they all disappeared from his family tree. I don't know why they would all be culled at the same time like that, with many years difference in their ages and all living in different lots. 

Message 184 of 209 (699 Views)

Hero

Do they still exist in the game and was just the family tree culled or were they all culled as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 185 of 209 (694 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was a while ago, when the game first came out. But I am pretty sure the actual sims were still there. They just weren't recognized as his family anymore (so he could socialize with them and even romance them). It might have happened when he was abducted by aliens but I can't be sure about that. 

Message 186 of 209 (684 Views)

Hero

So the family tree got culled before Dec 4th patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 187 of 209 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Simply want to confirm, would the Culling Issue be fix on Feb. patch together with Hot Spicy Issue?
TKS RGD

Message 188 of 209 (634 Views)

Hero

The culling issue is something that will be tweaked over time. It's not a bug as such (although some things about it do feel bugged).

To prevent, just move the Sims you care about into a house, this should prevent them from getting culled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 189 of 209 (624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims are not disappearing from the game, but they are being forgotten by the active sims. Except, and this is the one piece of my problem I haven't read of anyone else experiencing, only 2 members of the household forgot all the sims they had met (except for the members of the household).

But to answer the OP's questions:

1. This just happened today around 3:30 Eastern (US), and at about 2:00 PM in the game. Literally just happened out of nowhere.

2. I was playing both sims, so they live in a house

3. They're played.

4. One was an adult and one was a child. I personally created the adult, the child was born in game. I also created the other sim in the house, who did not appear to have lost any relationships.

All the other sims are still in the game, I don't even want to look and see if they also lost all their relationships. 

Is EA working to fix this issue? It makes the game undesirable, nothing can really progress. Also, I have never used a mod...I don't even know what that means lol.

Message 190 of 209 (594 Views)