Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Just the males but all males ? If so, you probably have this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/MOD-RELATED-Males-Are-Missing/m-p/5817307#M32124 (so remove your mods)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 201 of 209 (2,026 Views)

Re: [Common] DIsappearing Sims

★★ Novice

my sims keep deleting and I don't know what to do I have tried everything plz help I do the resetsim and it say sim not found 2 of my male sims wives were deleted plz help I don't know what to do

Message 202 of 209 (1,906 Views)

Re: [Common] DIsappearing Sims

Hero

Culling only affects unplayed Sims so you might have a different issue.

Were they deleted while you played them or when you were playing a different family ?

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 203 of 209 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been happening to me too! Four of my Sims disappeared after I resurrected one of them from the dead but I don't that that would be the case. They were all living in homes, were played and were all young adults so I see no reason why they suddenly glitched out of the game! If there are any ways to fix this, do tell!

Message 204 of 209 (1,806 Views)

Hero

Hi @-sherlinb77

that sounds like a different issue.

Did you try loading a backup ? Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 205 of 209 (1,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just recently bought the game, and i have been playing it for about a week.

I started with my sim called Linda and i made a house and so on. 

Then i decided to goof around a bit in the game and created two other sims and played them for a little while, just to see what the game had to offer. 

However when i wanted to return to my first character i had the chock of loading the house and only her child was left. Did she and her husband randomly die without any notification or gravestone, it seems that they just disappeared out of nowhere. Frown

Message 206 of 209 (1,720 Views)

Hero

Hi @Katelille

this doesn't sound like culling. 

Do the parents still appear in the family tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 207 of 209 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah they do. It seems they died because of age. I checked the settings and disabled the auto aging thing, and set it so they only age when i'm actively playing on the lot. 

Thank you very much for your quick response though! 

Message 208 of 209 (1,709 Views)

Hero

Lots have been done, we now have culling options so I'm going to lock this.

Feel free to open a new thread if you still have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 209 of 209 (25,059 Views)