Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

by elcardie

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

All my sims are disapearing. Not only the "homeless" or the npcs, but also my active families, including the ones that came with the game (like the Goth family). I already reinstalled the game, and it continues to occur. It's really frustrating, since I've waited this long to play TS4. Hope a patch comes soon to solve this issue. 

Message 51 of 209 (2,863 Views)

Hero

That's something different.

Are you using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 209 (2,856 Views)

★ Novice

Hello.

I hve the same issue. After 1st patch after relese the sims 4 this issue appear. (like many more). I dont use any mods (too complicated and boring to del with it). I made Sims. The Sims strt to know ms/mr XXX. After relationship reach 70+ points on next sim day, sims disapear from friend list. In this way i cnnot simply ccoomplish sims jobs like astronaut or cookmaster. Do u guys know how to fix it?

Message 53 of 209 (2,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm just posting to say that I have the same problem with homeless sims disappearing and it really, really needs to be fixed! I don't always want to move homeless sims into my house and I also don't care to go to the trouble of moving them into any house, especially since there are a limited number of lots! It's really frustrating to finally find a good looking teenage boy for my teenage girl sim to date only to have him disappear the next day. I hope this is going to be fixed soon because it's almost game ruining for me. 

Message 54 of 209 (2,827 Views)

★ Novice

I spend my hard worked money to buy incomplete game with 100 bugs. If they dont ix up this problem in next patch. I wont buy this mark anymore. And everyone which will try to buy it. I will **bleep** tell to forget about idea to buy The Sims in future. Tak mi dopomóż Bóg.

Message 55 of 209 (2,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

All my created Sims have disappeared, not only homeless ones but all families living in houses as well! All the families I have created during my 100+ hours of playing disappeared, except two. In one of them the young adult "survived", although she was a teenager last time I played with her... In the other family only a ghost survived, the rest of the family is completely wiped out. THe only families that are still there are the in-game families, like Goth.

Could it have anything to do with editing families with the Family managing tool (I'm not playing the game in English so I don't know the exact term)? When I started playing the game I accidentally had on the option that non-played Sims also age, resulting in neighbourhoods filled with old people who's families have all died. I luckily noticed this after one day of playing and fixed it! Last night I grew tired of the families I had made in CAS and decided to go back and edit all the in-game families and create some younger people in them as well. I had a few kids that had grown up and moved out, so I made them join the Goth family or other in-game families. I also redid the existing families by adding new Sims on to of the old people that were left.

This morning when I opened the game I noticed all the families I had played with had disappeared. The in-game families (also the edited ones) are fine though. I can see all the family names in the Manage Families-section, but there is no picture of the family members and I can't move them anywhere or anything, it is like the "files" of the families are empty. I haven't had the issue of disappearing sims before, and the only thing I did differently last night was edit families after CAS using the Manage Families-tool, which I have not used before in the game.

It is not the end of the world for me, since I was pretty much done with all the families, some I had added only to have some extra people wandering around the neighbourhood. It sucks way more for people that have had families disappearing mid-game! Now after I started searching more info about this issue I kinda feel like I don't want to play if this might happen at any time during the game! Fix it, please!

Edit: 

Also to specify to the questions asked:

1. When did the Sims disappear ? Overnight (real life)
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? Both homeless and living
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? All disappeared families or Sims were played
  4. What age group did they have ? Anything ranging from a family with adults, teens and kids, old people, young adults, everything. Most families disappeared completely, the two surviving families had parents and kids disappearing, in one a ghost was the only one left and in the other a teenager turned into a young adult when her parents disappeared.
Message 56 of 209 (2,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just installed the new patch hoping that it would fix this issue, but it didn't..

I'm playing a third generation household. Whenever my sim meets someone new, this new sim is erased from the relationship panel that night around 2:00 AM. This is making the game unplayable. I can't make friends or enemies with NPCs. A big part of the game is interacting with these random sims. 

Please help! 

1. When did the Sims disappear ? Around 2:00 AM
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? homeless
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? unplayed
  4. What age group did they have ? all
Message 57 of 209 (2,765 Views)

★★ Novice
I had two sims from one house disappear. Both were derby so I assumed thWY died... but there is no urn or tombstone anywhere in the house or in the yard. The wife shows up gray in the relationships of the children but the husband completely disappeared. No trace of him. I had stopped playing with thme for about a day to play with a girl I was tryi ng to grow up to marry their son. Frown
Message 58 of 209 (2,675 Views)

sims 4 neighborhood sims not regenerating??

★ Apprentice

I'm seeing over the internet that I am not the only one with this problem, but I can't seem to find an aswer as to why. After the original neighborhood set of sims (the goth family, etc) died they either turned into ghosts who never left their houses or disappeared. I see random people on the street and make friends with them and they disappear the next day. I have the fill empty houses box in the settings checked as well. My question is why aren't new people regenerating into the empty houses? 

Message 59 of 209 (2,685 Views)

Re: sims 4 neighborhood sims not regenerating??

Hero

@xNunosx Merged with existing thread on the issue.

It's basically a bug cause they should.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 209 (2,678 Views)