Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

by StormyDayzGamez

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I have checked every sim day at around 5am in the unplayed sims.  My conclusion: The game has stopped making unplayed sims.  The only sims there are the housed sims.  What I am saying is that there are no sims to disappear.  If I go to the park or somewhere the game generates townies but when I check they are not shown in unplayed sims and they disapear from my friends list the second I leave that lot.  I am on generation 8 of a legacy challenge so I have been playing this save for almost a month for several hours a day.  If I want a new spouse for a generation I have to pick them from the gallery and house them so they don't disappear.  If I put gallery sims into "not in world" they disappear the next day.

Message 11 of 209 (4,846 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did some research earlier today, and discovered this:
At 3 AM in the morning, all new sims labeled Not in world disappears, like we already know. I went inside the household manager, and counted 6 households labeled Not in world.
I now waited until about the middle of the day, about 3 PM in the afternoon. Now I once again did some counting. I counted more than 30 households labeled Not in world. The game is apparently generating shitloads of these households, only to trim down the number of sims by night.
To confirm this habit, I counted again 3 AM in the morning, and the number was now down to 5 households Not in world.

Also, there is some funny choice of the nature of these families. There's always some kids among these Not in world households, but they never have heterosexual parents. :P Nothing wrong about gay parenting, but it's not realistic that they dominate the parenting population.

Message 12 of 209 (4,842 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the issue as well, didn't play the game since around september 18; loaded the game today to find out that some of my played household have missings sims.

Hard to tell when they disappeared, were present last time I played the game, missings sims had a house they were played and were at the young adult.

Is there any way to recover them? :\ I unfortunately have no backup of the save because I didn't notice right away... 

Message 13 of 209 (4,833 Views)

Hero

No, there's no way to get them back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 209 (4,787 Views)

★★ Novice

Game version is 1.0.728.0

Message 15 of 209 (4,782 Views)

Friendships not being saved

★★ Novice

When I meet new Sims it won't hold these people in my relationship area. The only people who have been held are family members and a neighbour. Any help please.

Message 16 of 209 (4,760 Views)

★★★ Novice

I keep having this problem and it has nothing to do with being homeless, as far as I can tell...  For example, the most recent occurence was today when I loaded up my game after updating it to the most current version, and I go to play one of my families (I'm rotating through a few related families) and the wife is missing.  Just gone from the family.  She was an adult, one of the neighborhood-created "Crumps" originally but she married into my Sim family and they had 3 kids so far.  She's not even in their relationship panel anymore, so she didn't just die.  She's just totally gone as if she never existed.

Oddly enough, this wasn't long after she had twins (with no fertility treatment) that seemed to have inherited none of her genetics - she's black with black hair, and her husband is dark-skinned with black hair, and these twins came out white as white can be with blonde hair.  So I'm not sure if it's related or not but I thought it was weird.

This has happened several times where I load the game the next day and a Sim I was playing disappeared from the household and entire game, without having had died.  Very frustrating.  I have no custom content, keep my game updated, etc.

Message 17 of 209 (4,759 Views)

Re: Friendships not being saved

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MaraylyaLiz

There's a great chance that you're experiencing the bug discussed in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Disappearing-Sims/m-p/3630991#U3630991

It's actually not only the relationship that goes away. The actual sim disappear, and is never to be seen again. There's no real fix at this moment, other than to move those people you want to befriend into houses.

I hope this helps. :-) Please, do correct me, if I'm wrong about your issue.

Message 18 of 209 (4,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So the Sim disappeared from your ACTIVE family on reloading the game ? That's a new one. Did you pay attention to the day it happened ?

@tisonlyame Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 209 (4,737 Views)

Re: [Common] DIsappearing Sims

★ Apprentice

That didn't work for me. It said "sim not found"

Message 20 of 209 (4,714 Views)