[ARCHIVED] Dead Sims being culled fro family tree although still ghosts

by garethdavies94

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Culling Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry, you already posted that. Getting a bit confused with all the issues.

Do you remember which one was the last to get culled ? Is the ghost still available and do you remember when that was ?

Since you also seem to have the dead Sim is alive in the family tree issue, I think this might need revisiting after that bug is solved to see if it's still an issue before adding an extra thread to the list. Your tree is extra big though.

I did forward this though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 57 (5,137 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's ok. Yes it culled all the ancestors before 'Elizabeth II' Frown The only ghost (Elizabeth Davies) still existing from the generations before is still playable strangely! If I look at her family tree it has the opposite effect - all the descendants are culled up until Elizabeth II ! I hope that made any sense!? You could check this if you wished from my save file. 

The dead sims showing as alive on the tree is annoying too!

Many thanks for shining light on this matter!

Best

Gareth

Message 12 of 57 (5,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Do you have script mods enabled in your game settings? If not, these mods will not work - at least MCCC won't. Make sure you have script mods enabled and that your mods aren't in too many subfolders - script mods can only go one folder deep. If MCCC works, you'll get a notification that says "Welcome to MC Command Center Version ..." as soon as you load the neighborhood. Then go to a household with a computer, click on the computer, and make sure to disable culling. Now, I don't know where the MC setting to disable culling is at, so I suggest you go to the mod's Tumblr site and read about it and its modules. Hit ctrl + f, type in culling when you're in the documentation overview and you should be able to find where the culling settings is. I have no idea how that other mod you mentioned works, though. I only know MCCC and I know just putting MC in isn't enough; you have to click on a computer, go to MC Command Center, find the culling setting and manually disable it.

Edit: If you don't want culling disabled altogether and you successfully downloaded MC, you can also type in mccc simfirstname simlastname and it'll show you the Sim's menu. Go to Sim Flags, search around a bit (again, I don't know exactly where the setting is), and there should be a setting to "flag for no culling." If you go with that one, that specific Sim will never be culled. You could do this for those family members who keep getting culled, and MC should protect them!

Message 13 of 57 (5,086 Views)

Siblings disconnected in the Family Tree

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All sims that were created in CAS as siblings are now disconnected in the family tree.
What happens when the bug occurs? It is not possible to view the siblings in the same family tree.
What do you expect to see? I want the siblings family trees to be connected.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I started seeing this issue after the november patch.

All sims that were created in CAS as siblings are now disconnected in the family tree. 

Example below: Adriana and Henry are supposed to be siblings. As Adriana is dead I cannot see their relationship in the friends panel, but i can see that their respective children are cousins with each other. This problem seems to only affect the family tree.

IMG_9676.JPG

IMG_9675.JPG

Is there a way to edit the family tree by using cheats? I would be fine to just reconnect the sims. 

Message 14 of 57 (5,079 Views)

Re: Siblings disconnected in the Family Tree

Hero

What kind of mods/cc are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 57 (5,068 Views)

★ Apprentice

No scrip mods, only cc clothes, hair, furniture etc. But the issue was still there when i tried without it.

Message 16 of 57 (5,064 Views)

Hero
How big is your family tree ? Looks like their parent was culled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 57 (5,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

Family tree is big. I currently have 114 sims that i play, almost all are somehow related. I think i am on the sixth generation.

These diconnected sibling sims never had any parents, they were created as grown-up siblings. 

Message 18 of 57 (5,058 Views)

Hero
@fiishes Merged your post for now.

What's the picture-less Sim in your tree ? Was that never a real sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 57 (5,038 Views)

★ Apprentice
No, the pictureless sim never existed. I think these parent pictures in the family tree are always generated when sims are created as siblings without parents.
Message 20 of 57 (5,030 Views)