Re: Sims disappearing from family tree

by Nancy9

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I read the most recent patch notes which says that family trees should be working as intended. Any update on what may be happening here?

Thanks

Message 41 of 57 (1,128 Views)

Hero
It doesn't seem to be the same issue as this one is older then the family tree issue that was fixed.

Your save would be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 57 (1,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t9z-rPG5gvdddziAUKN60JkaDirpAxa0/view?usp=sharing

If you look in her family tree you'll notice that her dad's parents are Alexander and Dina but above of those characters Katrina, Mortimer and Bella are completely removed from the tree leaving nothing.

Message 43 of 57 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SimGuruNick it turns out that I was on the wrong sim (Ollie's child) and that is why it was not shown Cassidy as his sister. Is it by design that the uncles/aunts are not visible in the family tree for the nieces/nephews  or is it a bug? I attached a picture about this. Do you still need my save file?Képernyőfelvétel (54).png

Message 44 of 57 (1,073 Views)

Re: Siblings disconnected in the Family Tree

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,  @SimGuruNick  I am a bit confused as it sounded like from the last patch that this issue would be fixed? But my saves still have the broken family tree with the issue described 

Message 45 of 57 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Aunts/uncles don’t show up in the family tree. You will see siblings/parents/grandparents etc/children/grandchildren etc/ and spouses (if alive) . To see the aunt or uncle you would need to click on the mums/dads family tree, depending on who was their sibling. 

Hope this helps Standard smile 

thanks

Rachel 

Message 46 of 57 (1,014 Views)

Hero
They fixed a different issue that was causing the tree to be broken in a different way. This one is still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 57 (997 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so something weird happened, when one of the daughters aged from a child to a teenager the family tree fixed itself. i.e great grandparents now show up for her and her siblings Standard smile. Not sure if this will fix itself when a child from my other family ages up who had the same issue happen. So perhaps they have fixed it? But only once they become a teen/ age up does the fix take effect? 

Message 48 of 57 (977 Views)

how to restore a culled sim

★★★★ Novice

I tried looking all over the internet and forums to try and find something about this, but I couldn't. Anyways, on to my problem. I used to have a sim that I played, but eventually played with the next generation. They were always under a "played household." They died while I was not on their lot, so there is no existing urn/gravestone. My issue now is that I have been trying to restore this sim in any way possible. In the family tree, they basically have a blank profile. So there is a trace of existence, but no actual sim. My guess is that this sim got culled, but I don't get why because they were under a played household. They disappeared from the family tree and my game pretty much instantly. My main question is, is there ANY possible way for me to restore this sim? 

Screenshot_4.png

Message 49 of 57 (958 Views)

Re: how to restore a culled sim

Hero

Hi @Divlly

there's currently a bug with this so I merged your post with the bug report

You should actually get a tombstone now even for NPCs. Do you know where they died ?

As for reverting: Other than going back to a backup, there's currently now other way of resolving this but hopefully this bug can be crushed and the tree reverted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 57 (946 Views)