Re: Siblings disconnected in the Family Tree

by Nancy9

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Nancy9 thanks so much for that save file! I was able to reproduce the issue you're describing, and file a report for our engineers, who were able to work out a fix. I don't know when that fix will be released, but it should retroactively fix your broken saves. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 57 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Aha thanks so much for your reply Standard smile. So it’s safe for me to keep playing the game with this family? As I’ve got seasons and played the game a fair bit since I first encountered this issue, I won’t need to go back to an earlier save? Happy to hear the issues I described in my last message should be fixed in my family tree in the next patch, awesome. Standard smile

Message 32 of 57 (1,290 Views)

I'm not sure that the issue will be fixed in the next patch, it could be a few patches away due to the complexity of the fix. But yeah, it should be safe to keep playing the game with that family Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 57 (1,279 Views)

Sims disappearing from family tree

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Seasons, City Living, Holiday Celebration Pack, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just grow out a family tree and ancestor sims will start disappearing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims disappear from the family tree, mainly ancestors.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all ancestors in the family tree or at least blanks where a sim would of been. I have a vampire sim with a long lineage but it's confusing because her daughter disappeared and now the rest of the predecessor don't recognise her...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me understand this. I don't think sims should just disappear out of the family tree. I googled this and I was understanding that sims should at least remain in the trees or at least have a blank "default" image and display as ancestor.

Message 34 of 57 (1,270 Views)

Re: Sims disappearing from family tree

★★★★ Novice

I ONLY have MC Command Center as a mod/CC.

Message 35 of 57 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am encountering the EXACT same issue as yourself, is there a way to fix this?

Message 36 of 57 (1,242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue where a sibling relationship has dropped off in the family tree. 

With Ollie and Cassidy Purdue, they are no longer connected as siblings in their family tree.  Previously, they were connected through an unknown parent by default and now they both show as having an unknown parent, but are not showing as brother and sister. It’s like they have separate lineages now. 

I don’t even know when this happened because I only noticed this recently and it’s quite a hard bug to try and replicate. 

Message 37 of 57 (1,238 Views)

Hero

@camsin @MARINA_XCX2

I merged with the old thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 57 (1,229 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with Ollie and Cassidy

Message 39 of 57 (1,210 Views)

@rdorka347 @camsin Can one of you (or both of you!) share your save file with me where you've had the culling? That'll help us ensure that our eventual fix works for everyone. Instructions are in the following link, thanks much for the help! Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 40 of 57 (1,187 Views)