Re: Siblings disconnected in the Family Tree

by Nancy9

Original Post

Hero

Still think there was some kind of culling going on cause your tree is really big like the others in this thread.

Don't know if there's ways to repair with MCCC

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 57 (2,287 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Culling Bug

★★★★ Novice

Hi @Fierande. Sorry for my slow reply - hadn't got any notifications from this thread! :S but yes MCCC is the mod I have been using for over a week now and it's solved the culling issue! Just a shame that the culling can't be deactivated through the game settings :/

Message 22 of 57 (2,280 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@garethdavies94 Would you happen to have any back-up save files for your Windsor family save? I see the culling in your family tree, but it'd be ideal if I had a version of your save that doesn't have the culling yet, so that I can observe the culling occur. Could you possibly zip up your entire "saves" folder and send it to me? Thanks so much for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 57 (2,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruNick. I've added the oldest two save files I have to this link. I haven't had time to check whether these two saves don't have culling occurring. I don't think the oldest dated 09/09/2015 had culling going on though. Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 24 of 57 (2,200 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Awesome, thank you so much @garethdavies94, it's super appreciated! Your save is amazing by the way, this must've taken you forever! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 57 (2,161 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Dead Sims being culled although still ghosts

★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick The mother of my sim got culled because I didn't choose to strengthen connection to the physical world, which is fine, but now it doesn't show she and her sister are connected. There is still connection to her son and the sister and her son are still marked as his aunt and cousin, but they just don't show up in the family tree anymore. 

Before: 

TS4_x64 2018-02-23 14-28-50-73.png

After:

TS4_x64 2018-02-23 14-25-22-07.png

Message 26 of 57 (2,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, can I clarify I thought culling should no longer affect the family tree. I have a sim whose grandmother got culled, on her family tree from clicking the grandaughter’s picture, she had the grandmother’s image missing. But when I click on the girl’s mother, the mum’s family tree shows up the grandmother’s picture. The girl still has her grandad on the family tree just not the grandmother. Is there a way to fix this? I went on an earlier save where the grandmother’s picture was still there and changed the settings to 200 max sims instead of 150 but the same thing happens again at around 5am the next day. :/ 

I've been told to post here. How do I attach the save file? When I try to attach it, it says unsupported file type. I've tried the zip version and the normal one.

In case it helps I've attached two screenshots to show how the grandma shows up from the mums family tree (the blond lady) but not the granddaughters (brown haired girl)

Sorry not sure why they have rotated.

Any help with this would be appreciated Standard smile and then I can play seasons with a non-culling affected game. It may be my fault, as I couldn't do the strengthen connection to the physical world thing, as the mother was a townie and I didn't play the parents so no grave/urn. But I just don't understand why she's been culled from the granddaughters but not the mum's family tree.

IMG_4134.JPGIMG_4135.JPG

Message 27 of 57 (2,077 Views)

Hero
HI

you can find instructions how to share your save here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

PM @SimGuruNick with the link.

I might have said in your other thread but do you have a backup from before the culling occurred and it happens reproducibly again ? If so, it would be great if you could send that save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 57 (2,059 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Have done thanks Standard smile. And with a save before the culling happens, where it happens at 5am the next day. No reply as of yet

Thanks
Rachel
Message 29 of 57 (2,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, Does SimGuruNick normally reply back? 

I sent my save and he said he will look at it and let me know if he has any questions. That was three weeks ago and he has not replied back to my next email to ask if there's anything that can be done.

So this issue keeps happening, Now the grandaughter no longer can see the grandfather when I click on the grandaughter's picture in the family tree. But again if I click the grandfather I can see the grandaughter's picture on his family tree Tongue out.

The same has happened with another descendant. The great grandkids now can't see the great grandparents pictures on their family tree, but if I click the great grandparents then I can see the great grandkids from their family tree. This has happened for great grandparents from both sides of the family. However, I am unsure if it's a culling issue as the great grandparents still show up in the mum's relationship panel. Do you know if this is supposed to happen with family trees now (maybe it's a recent change)? 

So to sum up from clicking on the ancestors I can see all the family tree but from clicking on the recent descendants I can only see up to the parents in one case or the grandparents in the other case. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Message 30 of 57 (1,983 Views)