Re: Always some Customers get no service (Dine Out)

by DelightfulSims

Original Post

Eating meals taking 2-3 sim hours

★★★ Novice

I know there's another thread about it that was closed, but it's still going on.

It's like they're eating a 4-course meal at a restaurant with company, when really they're eating 1 tiny plate of food, alone, at a desk. Staring into space, doing nothing at all for 15 minutes, chatting... with no one, smelling the food... anything but just bloody well eating it.

Should be taking 30 minutes, max, not 2-3 hours (or half a bloody day if they aren't eating alone).

If there's other people around, it takes even longer, so I can't let them eat together anymore. I can barely get anything else done in time when they have to eat.

It's almost as bad as gardening (really, taking 8 hours on tending to a few measly plants).

Message 191 of 287 (839 Views)

Re: [MORE INFO NEEDED] [DO] Guest are never seated/stand around podium

★★★★ Novice

Sometimes when some of my guests arrive they get seated but their order never gets taken, so they just wait around until they're 1 star then they leave. This has happened more than once and seems to be more frequent when they ask for a dish recommendation. I have no idea what's going on. This has been happening in my game since Dine Out was released.

I do have some custom content CAS items, but I've taken them out and the glitch is till happening.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this or work around it?

Thanks

Message 192 of 287 (819 Views)

Always some Customers get no service (Dine Out)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is a bug/error or just as EA intended the game to be BUT I do find it annoying. Firstly I adore Dine Out and my Sim being able to be an owner the trouble is that every time I play it there is always 2 or 3 tables that don't get any service, they are never served by waitress therefor give a bad mark and the dinner loses stars. I have tried deleting tables (having less) and moving the table around , every which way to get all customers served to no avail. Is this normal game play or not? I would very much appreciate any answers on this. Thank you for your time Standard smile

Message 193 of 287 (805 Views)

Hero

Hi @DelightfulSims

merged your post

What restaurant are you using ? A pre-made one or self-built ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 194 of 287 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Crin I'm using Maxis pre-made, I have used Maxis and downloaded others from the Gallery and it's always the same. I just can't work it out Thanks for moving this post and replying 

Edit: I just played my game the diner was open for 10 Sim hours I only have 5 tables and everything was going fine and 4 customers at 2 tables were ignored (the customers that were at those previously had been served) I have 3 waiters all on level 5 all employees are satisfied (Hope that helps to give you a clue) Thanks Standard smile 

Message 195 of 287 (777 Views)

Hero

There are problems with guest not being served, especially if you recommend a dish.

I don't think there's much you can do atm. Let's wait for the next patch which should be hitting probably next week and see if it gets better after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 196 of 287 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crin, yes I thought it was a problem and not just me, well let's wait and see after the next patch. Fingers crossed and Have a nice day Standard smile

Message 197 of 287 (761 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] [DO] Restaurant Problems

★★★★ Guide

I have a new problem in my restaurant.

Sometimes when I order some meal and the employees are prepared to serve me they suddenly stops in the way to my table and drop the food on the ground so that disappear.
Because of this I need to order again in another table until they make it right.

And another problem I already reported here was about Sims in club's reunions are not entering in the restaurant. They stand outside talking until I leave the restaurant. They don't make any orders or reserves a table.

PS: The problem with Sims standing in bars and talking are better now. I can just see one or two Sims sitting in there and finally drinking (not just talking).

Message 198 of 287 (723 Views)

Hero

Are you using MC Command Center ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 199 of 287 (708 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yep!

I'm using MC Pregnancy and Population. Standard smile

Message 200 of 287 (701 Views)