Re: Sims 4 Dine out Restaurant sitting down bug

by Muetzenhuhn

Original Post

Dine Out Bug, maybe?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is a bug, or whatever but I have Dine Out , my Sim bought Restaurant all the staff are at level 5 but every shift there is at least 2 or 3 tables that either don't get served or the food is just sitting waiting to be delivered to them and there is nothing to click on with the customer and criticizing does not work on Waiters or Chef's The only thing I can do to stop getting a bad complaint is to delete that table and then they leave Any idea what is wrong and has anyone else had this happen?? Thanks for your time Standard smile

Message 170 of 287 (480 Views)

Re: Dine Out: Sims Seated at Wrong Table Size

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict

I don't see why table decor would affect anything considering decor slots are different to food slots, meaning decor will never snap to the slot food and drink goes onto. It doesn't explain why groups of 3 and 4 are seated fine at the booths but groups of 2 are generally directed outside.

In terms of the booths - sims can definitely enter from the wall. That's the whole reason booths are 3-tile wide while being 2-seat. The extra space on the corners is what allows them to sit down and scoot to the table in the first place. Here's a 3x4 room (4 in length) with the booth, table and chairs. Both of the sims sat down fine, from both sides:

06-23-16_11-19-46 AM.png

Message 172 of 287 (456 Views)

Hero

I haven't tried it myself but read many complaints about the booth. Guess I'll remove that part.

I just seen other games where the deco was an issue and it's worth a try. I think the bigger tables are fine but if you put more than one on the small tables with moo, you get an issue cause they do suddenly use eating slots.

I've also got some weird routing issues with placing a counter next to my chief station that were also not explainable so I thought it might be worth a try.

In terms of groups of two, I'd say, cause you only have tables for 4 inside and they are directed to the smaller tables first. When I used a corner bench in your restaurant, they were seated inside.

So the bigger tables are left for bigger groups and the smaller tables are filled first. Which makes sense, I think.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 173 of 287 (449 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict

I get that, but like I said, especially as someone who makes CC, food and decor do not share slots. Even if they overlap, they are considered 2 different things. That's why you often see sims place plates on counters that have decor on them and the plates end up inside the decor. Plus, I've already showed a picture of 3 sims using the tables fine with the decor, AND I didn't use MOO to place the stuff on there.

It does seem that booths are "reserved" for bigger groups, which is kind of annoying since bigger groups (at least in my game) do not come to the restaurant as often as groups of 2, so my venues are empty on the inside most the time.. :-/

Message 174 of 287 (437 Views)

So. Many. Dine out. Bugs.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Are there any fixes to dine out bugs? My staff is never doing what they're supposed to be doing. If I own a restaurant, my host/hostesses stop showing up after the first day and take FOREVER seating people if they are there so there's always a crowd of 7 people standing around at the podium. I have to fire and rehire hosts just to make my restaurant run.

If I own a bakery, I have customers ready to check out, I have a worker assigned to ring them up, but they're just not doing it. So I'm opened for 11 hours with 0 sales going out and losing all the money for it, not to mention food ticking to expire.

Why is it not a thing that we can actually RUN our own things? We have to apparently be present in order for the business to make money, yet we can't actually run it. Why can't I check my own customers out? And why when I lock the door for employees only do I get locked out as the owner? Why can't I be the chef for my own restaurant? So with a restaurant I'm basically standing around doing nothing but talking to customers because I can't be a chef or act as a host/hostess, soooo.......what gives?

(And to answer ahead of time, I do not have mods installed. I don't even have any CC installed for sims 4 as I just bought it 2 days ago. The only thing I've used are the cheats.)

Edit 2: My staff also doesn't wear the outfit I have designed for them.

Message 175 of 287 (436 Views)

Dine out Problem

★ Novice

Hi

I have a restaurant and when I began to play there is no problem, I could hire my metre, chef and waiter, but when I bought the achievement to have another chef and waiter, and try to hire new staff, the new staff dont appear. Is a bit frustraiting having a 4 star restaurant only with a chef, a waiter and a metre, customers are a bit anxious. What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot

Message 176 of 287 (417 Views)

Re: So. Many. Dine out. Bugs.

Hero

There's a few tips on the first page of this thread.

Did you brate your staff for slacking ? Did you check if they are still assigned to the task ? If they're slacking, they loose the assignment. Can you not ring them up yourself ?

Did you maybe lock the door for everyone BUT the employees ?

For feedback on the chef thing, please use the official forum here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

@cynie

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 177 of 287 (461 Views)

Re: Dine out Problem

Hero

@soyyoadriwrote:

Hi

I have a restaurant and when I began to play there is no problem, I could hire my metre, chef and waiter, but when I bought the achievement to have another chef and waiter, and try to hire new staff, the new staff dont appear. Is a bit frustraiting having a 4 star restaurant only with a chef, a waiter and a metre, customers are a bit anxious. What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot

Did you close and reopen the restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 178 of 287 (449 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Dine out Restaurant sitting down bug

★★ Novice

I'm using the simray with the command 'eat'. This problem just applies to single guests in my game( I bought Dine Out after its first patch). The simray command 'sit' sometimes helps with guests who are standing around and did not speak to the host yet - even though the host is not seating anyone else in that moment. 

Message 179 of 287 (440 Views)

Re: Dine out Problem

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Yes, and nothing happend, also, i fired them, and hire them, again, and nothing, i try to hire diferrent people, but only appear the first 3 employee.
Message 180 of 287 (434 Views)