Re: Dine Out seating issue..

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dine Out - Host Bug

Hero

@bunniesaremagic wrote:

Maybe in this case it is just a wall issue, but I have the same problem - and definitely no routing is causing that as my host seats some of the sims and there is plenty of space around the podium. What happens is: sims come to my restaurant, some of them get seated, but some just hang around the host station. After a while they go and sit at the table by themselves, without the host, but since they were never really seated, all I can do is welcome them... and that's it. They leave hours later, complaining about not being served and decreasing my rating to 1 ofc (I don't blame them, they were literally ignored by my entire staff).

Did you try replacing those tables that Sims sit autonomously ?

Are you using any cc chairs and tables ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 287 (11,192 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Dine Out seating issue..

Hero

If you can send me your tray files I can give it a try over the weekend.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 287 (11,054 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Food Never Comes

★★★ Novice

Crin - I now suspect it is not the table I was at, but the food I ordered. I'm wondering if the chef is not high enough level to make the high-end experimental food on Shimuzu's (sp?) menu. My sims do not own the restaurant, so it's entirely npc-run. I don't know how the chef settings work yet, if you can specify a minimum skill level for the chef's hired? Every time I've been there it's been different NPC's in the role. I'm going to check it out tonight, see what settings I can change when I don't own the venue. But if you already know, so much the better!

Message 32 of 287 (11,165 Views)

Re: Dine out, Sims not eating

@NiamhD93 moved to the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 33 of 287 (10,935 Views)

Hero

Usually they should just cook it badly if they don't have the skill. At least that's what happens when you own the restaurant.

You can't really set the employees if it's NPC run.

Does it work well when you order something easier ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 34 of 287 (11,152 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was using the Japanese one by Maxis.  I tried on two separate occasions and at two different seats.  Other customers were getting served so I don't know if moving the kitchen will work, but I'll try.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 35 of 287 (11,147 Views)

★ Apprentice

No CC. No mods. Nothing. The tables are used by regular customers too... It is also not the same table always, I think they somehow get it assigned the same way as not-broken customers would. I don't think it has anything to do with tables whatsoever, my gut feeling is that they bug out at the moment host greets them and they stay in this half-greeted state till they leave.

Message 36 of 287 (11,173 Views)

Re: Dine out, Sims not eating

Hero

@NiamhD93

I'll add this as I'm seeing similar behavior. 

I'm unsure if they are actual groups though. To me it feels like they're just being seated together cause one part of the group is a single party.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 287 (10,919 Views)

Hero

So two reports for the same restaurant .. Interesting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 287 (11,120 Views)

Hero

What restaurant are you using ? Did you build one yourself ? If so, would you upload it to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 287 (11,150 Views)