Re: Sims 4 Dine Out

by crinrict

Original Post

[MORE INFO NEEDED] [DO] Guest are never seated/stand around podium

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've built a restaurant have a chef a waiter and a host and all the costumers are coming inside and just standing near the host not doing anything wont eat wont sit wont order and the host ignores them completly and while tapping on the screen continuously

please fix it i cant play it 

Message 10 of 287 (5,658 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Host Bug

★★ Guide

I think you need to spin the podium thingumy around so it's facing into the room.

Message 11 of 287 (5,649 Views)

Re: Food platters disappear when waiters queue social interaction

★★ Guide

I've had something similar happen though it doesn't happen often. In my game the waitress would carry the big serving platter to the table, do the serving animation but nothing would show on the table and then she walked away, after a while the Sims at the empty table get up and leave. Because it only happens randomly, and most of the other tables are being served properly it's not having a negative effect on the ratings.

I have some custom content but no mods. 

Message 12 of 287 (5,243 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Host Bug

Hero

The wall might be an issue here.So either turn the podium as @reboot2019 suggested or remove the wall.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 287 (5,622 Views)

Re: Food platters disappear when waiters queue social interaction

Hero

Are you using custom tables or chairs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 287 (5,239 Views)

[MORE INFO NEEDED] [DO] Guests never leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Whenever I have open my restaurant, some sims just refuse to leave, which in turn means they never pay. This naturally gets quite costly although luckily it's only some. Also sometimes their food never comes or they never order, never really seen which way, so they leave because of wait times.

Message 15 of 287 (5,417 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 287 (5,408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope, don't even know how to install them anyway xD Don't have any sort of modifications whatsoever

Message 17 of 287 (5,399 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I'll add this.

You can try closing the restaurant or just leaving the lot and leave it open, then come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 287 (5,385 Views)

Re: Dine Out seating issue..

Hero (Retired)

In play testing my restaurant, I did notice that the first couple to show up at the restaurant got seated outside, and those tables are also furthest away from my hosting station.  However, the next couple was seated at a table inside, and there were 3 more empty tables outside, so I just chalked it up to randomness.  I have an assortments of tables and booth seating throughout the restaurant, so my build would probably not be the best one to notice a problem in.  I would be more interested to look at the routing issue with the front door vs. having to open up access via the kitchen.  Is there maybe some programming in there that tries to keep the host from exiting the main entrance?  I could see how with certain restaurant designs (like mine), it would look incredibly weird to have the host lead people right back out the door they just came through... 

As for the seating prioritization, there might be some routing reasons behind why sims are prioritized first to chairs and then to booths.  I had a situation where testing where I had a sim sitting in a booth seat and wanted another sim to sit by him.  He was sitting at the outside portion (I had created my own version of a corner booth), and the other sim popped up with a thought bubble that he was being blocked by the guy.  I manually had the guy move over, and then the other one was able to sit just fine, but it seems like they might not be programmed to move over automatically, the way they do on couches, etc.  Maybe we can ask a guru...

Message 19 of 287 (5,460 Views)