by unseenlarks

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? brew a pot of tea.
What happens when the bug occurs? the tea will finish brewing but the action will not disappear from the bottom of the queue.
What do you expect to see? "wait for tea to brew" to disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

the "wait for tea to brew" action getting stuck is still an issue. pressing M twice doesn't remove it from the queue*; instead, it makes the action's progress (green circle going around it) start filling up from the beginning, and the bubble remains after it's done.

this same thing happens when switching to a different Sim in the same household--returning to the one who has made the tea restarts the bubble's progress. in both cases the progress filling up happens faster than when originally brewing the tea.

*actual travelling needs to happen.

follow-up actions do work, they just get queued above it. maybe the trick is to add nothing else to the queue until the tea is done brewing?

Message 9 of 46 (5,991 Views)

[OPEN] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the issue where the "Wait for tea to brew" action is getting stuck in the action menu. Saving and reloading fixes this, but it can be annoying to be stuck in the bar. Cancelling the action does not remove it, and it stays stuck at the "Finished" stage without automatically disappearing. Sims still seem able to drink the tea and interact with the tea machine, but the action persists.

Message 1 of 46 (6,512 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

Hero

There's several other commands that get stuck this way.

I've added this.

More info to follow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (6,412 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i found out that at least with some of those icons it works to hit M & then again

M brings up the option to travel

this seems to remove those stuck icons

Message 3 of 46 (6,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got a different kind of llama icon stuck in my queue when trying to invite someone in.  I haven't tried out the tea machine yet.

Message 4 of 46 (6,297 Views)

Queue Bubbles

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to drink plasma form a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? It was not glitching at the first time but then every time I drink plasma from a sim that bubble is stuck in the queue and when I try to delete it nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? After I drink plasma the bubble should vanish from the queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time I Woohoo or Drink Plasma that queue bubble just stays there. I try to cancel it but even if I do the activity it doesn't go away.

Message 5 of 46 (6,083 Views)

Re: Queue Bubbles

Hero

Hi @Blovedcornflake

thank you for your report.

I've merged your post with the general thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (6,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

the "wait for tea to brew" action getting stuck is still an issue. pressing M twice doesn't remove it from the queue*; instead, it makes the action's progress (green circle going around it) start filling up from the beginning, and the bubble remains after it's done.

this same thing happens when switching to a different Sim in the same household--returning to the one who has made the tea restarts the bubble's progress. in both cases the progress filling up happens faster than when originally brewing the tea.

*actual travelling needs to happen.

follow-up actions do work, they just get queued above it. maybe the trick is to add nothing else to the queue until the tea is done brewing?

Message 7 of 46 (5,950 Views)

Hero

Hi @unseenlarks

could you open a new thread for this ? This one doesn't have the template. I'll merge this, once you have done so

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 46 (5,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

here is the new thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/quot-wait-for-tea-to-brew-quot-stuck-in-action-queue/td-p/6460...

i copied what i wrote above to that one, so it's all in the same post, if that's ok.

thank you.

Message 10 of 46 (5,907 Views)