[ARCHIVED] Child/Toddler Hair Color Changing

by itsSesime

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If any of you have save file(s) with this issue that you'd be willing to share, please PM me. 

Thank you.  Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 146 (2,063 Views)

Hero

Tagging @itsSesime @JazzCouverso @bionicdesserts @bionicdesserts @junegirly

To see if anyone has a save to share

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 146 (2,043 Views)

Little girl's hair changes color when it's not the one I choose!

★★★ Newbie

I chose black for a little girl's hair and it kept changing to blonde or orange. So, I actually changed it to blonde, but then it turned brown.

Message 43 of 146 (1,989 Views)

Alien child's hair randomly changing colour

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have an alien child who was born naturally in-game via alien abduction. When she aged into a child, she had the same red hair as her human dad. I don't like the default alien look and I usually don't have my alien Sims wear disguises. I just dress them in human clothes in their alien form, so I was editing her in her alien form in CAS (without cheats) and I noticed that her hair colour kept changing as I was selecting different outfits for her. Weirdly enough, it seemed to change to a colour that matched the outfit she was wearing, though maybe that was coincidental. Her hair style never changed, only the colour. I was able to edit it back to her original red colour in CAS so I didn't think anything of it, but now she keeps randomly changing hair colour whenever she changes into a new outfit, even though I made absolutely sure that she had red hair for each outfit in CAS before exiting.

It seems to affect all hair styles because her main hairstyle is the ponytail with the ribbon from Kids Room Stuff but her nighttime hair style is just the base game shoulder-length wavy hair style and they're both changing colours at random in live mode every time she changes her clothes.

I have no mods and no CC in my game and haven't for a very long time now. My mods folder is completely empty except for the resource.cfg file. I'm fully patched, have all packs installed except Spooky Stuff and I'm playing on Windows 10.

UPDATE: After having her change outfits in live mode many times, it appears as if she keeps changing her hair colour to blonde. These pictures were all taken at the same time in-game. I just had her change into each of her 5 everyday outfits. The first everyday outfit has the right hair colour (red), but all the others are blonde. I can't post more than 3 screenshots but the other two outfits have the same blonde hair. Only her first everyday outfit has the red hair she's actually supposed to have.

Message 44 of 146 (1,999 Views)

Re: Alien child's hair randomly changing colour

Hero

I don't think there's a different between this already reported issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Child-s-Hair-Color-Changing-When-Re-Opening-Save-Fil... and what you are seeing. Just shows that it happens to all children.

I'm going to merge unless you forcefully disagree.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 146 (1,982 Views)

★ Guide

Hm, it's at least very similar to that problem, yeah, although it's only happening to my alien child. I've tested with many other children in my save file and they all keep their original hair colours both in CAS and in Live mode when changing outfits.

Message 46 of 146 (1,977 Views)

Hero

I never had it happening at all so I really don't know what triggers the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 146 (1,973 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having a very similar problem, but it's only affecting my alien child for some reason. None of the other children in my save file are having this problem. I've tested with them to make sure. She was born with red hair like her human dad (her dad was abducted by aliens and came back pregnant with her, so she's a full alien). I went into CAS to customize her in her alien form and her hair colour kept switching from red to either black or platinum blonde, sometimes brown or a different shade of red, but usually black or platinum blonde. I switched it back and made absolutely sure she had her natural red colour for every outfit before I exited CAS, but whenever she changes her clothes, her hair colour still changes, anyway. Her hair is platinum blonde for all her everyday outfits except her first one which is her natural red.

I thought it might be that the new Kids Room Stuff hair was incorrectly flagged by the devs or something (she wears the ponytail with the ribbon from that pack) but this affects base game hair styles for her, too.

Message 48 of 146 (1,967 Views)

★ Guide

It's a very weird glitch that no one seems to be able to replicate. I saw @SimQARobo's post asking for affected save files so I've offered to send mine. 

Message 49 of 146 (1,969 Views)

Hero

Hi @SnarkyWitch

I've merged. I don't think we need two threads at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 146 (1,954 Views)