[ARCHIVED] Child/Toddler Hair Color Changing

by itsSesime

Original Post

My Toddler's Hair Colour Keeps Changing

★★★ Newbie

My Sims recently had a baby, who aged up into a toddler. His hair colour keeps changing, and I'm not sure why. I've never had this problem before, and I don't have any mods or CC installed, and I've tried loads of things (cas.fulleditmode, mirrors vs. chests of drawers etc.)

I recently contacted EA support, and they were very helpful and told me to post this here to make the developers aware of the issue. Evem so, if anyone has a solution I'd be happy to hear it Standard smile

Message 101 of 146 (1,002 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers hair color changes

★★★ Novice
I'm getting this issue with my alien hybrid toddler. First I've seen of the glitch on my entirety of playing Sims 4. So I'm thinking it has something to do with the new toddler patch? No mods or CC. Clean game.
Message 102 of 146 (970 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Toddlers hair color changes

Hero

puHair_Medwavy (aka the big curly hair) toddler hair will now maintain the chosen color regardless of outfit chosen.
  • Red hair please.
  • You got it, want brown hair on that toddler?
  • Thank you, red hair will be fine.
  • Brown hair coming up.
  • Red yes, brown no.
  • Hold the red.
  • No, I want the red.
  • Brown it is.
  • Brown me no “likes”
  • Red out.
  • Red in.
  • Ah, come on, make up your mind!
  • Okay, okay on second thought…. make my toddler bald.

Fixed in Patch 1.28.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 146 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Infuriatingly still present in my game after the patch, a game repair, fresh directory and no mods. It won't let me keep the red hair on my toddie. And it is present in all of the hairstyles.

Message 104 of 146 (896 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, I'm still experiencing it too Frown Same with the child hair colour glitch. 

Message 105 of 146 (882 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

When you say fresh directory, you mean you're seeing this on a brand new save game? Or is this specific to one save? Either way, could you share a save file where you're experiencing this issue? Thanks much for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 106 of 146 (877 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this issue for the first time now (this save was created after the most recent patch, I believe). So I'm posting in all these threads hoping 1) to find help and 2) that my save file will be useful.

I've had three other children in this save with no problems. The third one's hair changes when I exit CAS, when I switch between outfit types, when I re-enter CAS... I'm trying to make the hair black, but it is changing to blonde or ginger.  This happened with both a custom hair (from a reputable creator) and with a "Kid's Room Stuff" hair (the side braid).

I don't know if it will be helpful, but I've uploaded my save file here (compressed .zip): 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fou6eit61668d2x/saves_2017_04_10.zip

Message 107 of 146 (866 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this issue for the first time now (this save was created after the most recent patch, I believe). So I'm posting in all these threads hoping 1) to find help and 2) that my save file will be useful.

I've had three other children in this save with no problems. The third one's hair changes when I exit CAS, when I switch between outfit types, when I re-enter CAS... I'm trying to make the hair black, but it is changing to blonde or ginger.  This happened with both a custom hair (from a reputable creator) and with a "Kid's Room Stuff" hair (the side braid).

I don't know if it will be helpful, but I've uploaded my save file here (compressed .zip): 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fou6eit61668d2x/saves_2017_04_10.zip

Message 108 of 146 (854 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick Here is a save file where it is still present post patch (the issue did start prior) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl5cc3v1j5426vj/Slot_00000012.save?dl=0

the household is the Newson household in Windenburg - the issue is with the male toddler Garrett.  I tried to make his hair the lightest red when creating him, it keeps changing no matter how many times I try to fix it, finally I gave up and left it blonde.  

Message 109 of 146 (946 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks so much for the save files, much appreciated! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 110 of 146 (930 Views)