Re: [OPEN] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

by Lucy_Henley

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
Happening to me too. Had a baby age into toddler. Both parents are ginger. He was too when he aged up. I went to change outfits at the dresser and it came out brown. Removed the one item of CC I had. Went back to the save game. Kept going to dresser, kept changing- dark brown, blond, black etc. Currently it's red, not the orangey ginger but the more obviously "red". I'm going to see if I can change it to ginger for good. If not maybe I'll dye his parents blonde and have him blond too.
Message 91 of 146 (884 Views)

Hero

Just on toddlers (has it's own thread) or also on children ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 146 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just with redhead toddlers right now. I did actually notice the other toddler-specific thread. Hope EA address in in the next patch. I've changed the family's hair to blonde, but I miss the gingerness!!
Message 93 of 146 (1,028 Views)

Re: Toddler Hair Changing Color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i found a way to fix it in my game somehow.when you finished changing it to the color you desired,switch to an older sims (as example,their parents) and then proceed again to the game.

if it doesnt work.after you change the toddler's haircolor try 'pretend' tweaking the older sims in the lot (change their facial features,clothes etc you can always hit undo since you dont want to actually change anything) and then continue the game.i dont know if it'll work on anyone else's game but this worked for me (:

Message 94 of 146 (1,112 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

★★ Novice

It is March 8th 2017, and this is still happening, but now with toddlers as well as kids.

Message 95 of 146 (989 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers hair color changes

★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. Only with my redheaded toddlers. This glitch is so persistent that the hair color will change while the toddler sleeps in my game. If I edit from the town through the manager then the hair color seems to stick better but still is not the exact shade of red I selected. When I do this, it doesn't change in their sleep and will stay until they age up. 

Message 96 of 146 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@jennemm75 Can you share a save with me where this is still happening with children? That should've been fixed with a patch that was released last September. 

In case you happen to have a really old save file, that pre-dates the September fix, the engineer who fixed this issue mentioned: "Exisiting sims with this issue will still see hair color change a few times while the system settles, but once the sim gets into a good state, the hair color should stop changing. For example, manually changing the hair color should put the sim back into a good state."

So if manually changing the hair color doesn't fix the issue for you, I'd love if you could share your save file with me, thanks much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 97 of 146 (970 Views)

★★ Novice

It isn't children it is a toddler, and he was just born with in this last couple of days. I will look for the save file, and repost. 

Message 98 of 146 (966 Views)

Hero

Hi @jennemm75

you said above it's also children. Toddlers have their own thread so if you're only seeing it on toddlers, I'll move your post to the toddler thread.

Just let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 99 of 146 (960 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have kids in my current save, so let me do some trouble shooting, and see. 

Message 100 of 146 (954 Views)