Re: [OPEN] Toddlers hair color changes

by 11amho

Original Post

Re: Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

★★★ Newbie

After installing the toddler update I get a similar issue (with non-custom hair as well). I get it for children and toddlers. Their hair colors changes all the time, e.g. when:

- switching to edit another sim in the same household

- save/load

Furthermore, children and toddlers can only have the "standard" hair colors, not blue etc..

Message 71 of 146 (2,096 Views)

Re: Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

Hero

Do you have no cc at all ? The toddler has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddlers-hair-color-changes/td-p/5817440/jump-t...

I'm unsure but did the kids have those colors before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 146 (2,088 Views)

Re: Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue - I have no mods or custom content

It just wants to make the flick up hair blond. Happened after he aged up and went to plan outfits, hair kept jumping back to blonde when coming out of plan out fits. Repeated multiple times at other sets of draws and also tried change appearance at mirrors. It also had issues keeping the colours in CAS as made its hair on some outfits black! lolz I just want him ginger thought I was going crazy.

Saving and exiting to main menu then re-entering the same save I was then able to update his hair and as far as I can tell has stuck with ginger. Which has resolved the issue for this single event.

Message 73 of 146 (3,454 Views)

Hero

Do you have the issue for toddlers only or also kids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 146 (3,439 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i also have this problem with my female toddler. her natural hair colour was ginger but every time I changed her outfit or hair style it wound switch colours. this also happened when entering and exiting CAS. I have no mods and have restarted my game to see if that would help but no luck so far

Message 75 of 146 (3,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

just toddlers as far as I have noticed

Message 76 of 146 (3,395 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It is also only with the ginger hair I have noticed. Maybe it's a coding issue with the hair and the ginger coloration?
Message 77 of 146 (3,372 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, both with toddlers and children it seems. I do not use any mods or custom content in my game, and I have tried repairing my game a couple of times.

I will say though - It might only be a problem in the CAS Tab in the startup screen and NOT if, say, I go to edit an already existing household in CAS from the world view map.

Message 78 of 146 (2,498 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It has happened to me in the edit household menu as well. I went in with two ginger toddlers and came out with a brunette and a blonde.

Message 79 of 146 (2,490 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this same issue. I'm playing a 100 baby challenge and so far every baby has had red hair, so I can't say if it's exclusive to redheads or not since i have not had any born with other hair colors. When I go into CAS to change the outfit/remove or add accessories/etc. it will change the hair color to either blonde or brunette. If I change it back to red, it'll go back to blonde or brunette as soon as I go back into my game. 

Message 80 of 146 (2,478 Views)