Re: [OPEN] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

by disqualifyshippa

Original Post

Re: Alien child's hair randomly changing colour

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue also in a new save with an alien child. I have sent my save file.

Message 51 of 146 (2,330 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ugh, me too, but only Alien children! I've repaired, deleted cache, took out all mods, new save, entirely new family but still happening. Sadly the Alien twins it was happening with have perished in a fire but I have a test family saved where the alien child has this issue, human kids are exempt from this problem.

Message 52 of 146 (2,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Still happening on any child you modify in CAS, even if done via the manage household screen. No matter what you set, the child will change hair color per outfit and, every time you re-enter the lot or, exit and restart the game. I mean that would be cool for a teen with a "Cosmetologist" aspiration but, we don't have that aspiration and, it's children, not teens changing hair color at random.

Message 53 of 146 (2,222 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still happening after latest patch, repair and clean cache. Any clues what it is yet,before the patch I went mod free and no luck. I've had to start again so I'll try a fresh abductee child later in case the ones with the problem are unfixable but the patch fixes future kids.

Message 54 of 146 (2,197 Views)

Hero

I've never seen it happen in my own game. 

I don't really have an answer for you. It's on the list. All I can do for the moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 146 (2,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too, but only with my alien children. My alien adults seem to be unaffected. I don't use CC so I know it's not because of that. I didn't notice it until sometime after Backyard Stuff, but that doesn't mean much, as that's just when I noticed it. :/

I've cleared caches and repaired the game multiple times. I'm tired of messing with it, so I'm going to delete my old saves and just see what happens in this new one. Will update if that fixes it.

Message 56 of 146 (2,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now that ya mention it, I've been having the same EXACT problem!! I've got three Alien kids all of which are triplets, based on a set of triplets from a fanfiction I've read called Light Fire, which involves Takuya Kanbara from Digimon Frontier miraculously bearing triplets and he somehow is able to bear such kids. It's a miracle and nothing short of one. The triplets are named Reika, Nanami and Percy. Reika and Nanami both have black hair like their dad, Koji whereas Percy has sorta dirty blonde/light brown hair like his mom, (yes Takuya is the mom). Anyways, Reika and Nanami have been continuously changing hair colors every time I enter create a sim! When I exited the CAS mode, the reverted black hair changes color... AGAIN!!!! I've had to go to EA and have them call my house phone for that! It's driving me BONKERS and N U T Z NUTZ!!!!!!

Message 57 of 146 (2,120 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same thing here man, same thing.

Message 58 of 146 (2,119 Views)

★★★ Guide

Cannot comment on in-game issues but I have the same problem with Alien Kids in CAS

The game seems not to be able to save the hair colour of alien kids but instead randomizes it each time you change certain things/or when certain events occur.

Here's what I experience in CAS:

1) Create a random alien kid in CAS. Choose a hairstyle and hair colour. Click on save household and randomize the picture a few times. The hair colour changes randomly when you randomize the picture. Also the hair colour in the "family portrait" is usually different than the hair colour in the "individual portrait".

2) Download the household from "My Library" into CAS usually results again in a change of hair colour.

3) Switching between sims in CAS  every few times results again in a change of hair colour. (Just create a couple of alien kids and switch between them a couple of times.)

Some hair colours seem to be more affected than others in certain cases. For example the blonde hair colour seems to stay often in case 1)  but not always.

No mods/cc. Restarting/repairing the game doesn't help.

Message 59 of 146 (2,101 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This should be fixed with today's new patch. Please let me know if it's not. And share your save file with me if you can! Standard smile 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 60 of 146 (18,478 Views)