Re: Kids Hair Keeps Changing Colors

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

★★★★★ Novice
It seems to be the black hair color that changes the most, but it's pretty much all of them. It also seems to get messed up with the red and purple eyes
Message 21 of 146 (3,117 Views)

Hero

Can anyone give me feedback on this

@Plumsbob @itsSesime @minky7 @RubyEllen135

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 146 (3,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't had this issue in a few months and actually totally forgot I even had this problem. In create a sim the hair color does change sometimes when I first go to modify them, but the hair color stays the same for now in game.

Message 23 of 146 (3,031 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The eyebrows of my child Sims is suddenly changing. But my hair is O.K for a while.

Message 24 of 146 (3,016 Views)

Kids Hair Keeps Changing Colors

★★ Guide

My child sims hair colors and eye colors keep changing constantly in and out of cas. When I upload to the gallery, the hair looks one way in the camera view part of the screen where you can change their pose but in the side shots, it's a totally different color. When I change outfits, switch outfits, switch sims, it all changes. It's super annoying. This was an issue before and since the patch, it's doing it a lot more. I can't even upload a sim without them looking 2 types of ways. I thought EA had fixed this issue but the issue is still there. I took all my mods out and the issue still persists. Idk how to stop this from happening.

Message 25 of 146 (2,979 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @thecharsims

I merged your thread with the existing thread and yes, it was supposed to be fixed

Can you post some screenshots to compare ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 146 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is STILL happening and every time it does it sends me into a lowkey rage. Why can't this be fixed?

Message 27 of 146 (2,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry to hear it's not fixed to you.

Could you post some comparison pictures ?

Is it all hair colors or only certain ones for certain hair ?

Also at what point does it reset for you exactly ? On reloading the game ? Going to live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 146 (2,941 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will try to take some screanshots. This has happened to me before as well. I have no CC childrens hair. All base game. When a child has blakc hair it will randomly change colors.  They will come home from school with red hair.  And then I will set it back to black. The next day they will come home from school with blonde hair.  I gave up on siwtching it back to black just set it as a different color. I have no children in my household right now as they all aged up to teens, but I will have a sim have a child and take some screan shots within the next day or so. This issue has happened when using mods/cc AND when not using mods/CC equilly

Message 29 of 146 (2,935 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Could you post some comparison pictures ?
The house I'm playing right now doesn't have any kids but as soon as it happens again I'll be sure to take pictures.

Is it all hair colors or only certain ones for certain hair ?
I've had it happen to kids with all colors except maybe blonde. The color it switches to is random. I admit I haven't been paying attention to which specific hairs it happens to. Like I said, from now on I'll take pictures.

Also at what point does it reset for you exactly ? On reloading the game ? Going to live mode ?
It doesn't happen every single time but for me the color changes only happen when I go into CAS to change an outfit of someone in their household. Sometimes the hair color will only change on one outfit, like everyday, party, ect will still have the correct color but sleepwear will have a different/wrong color. Whenever I go into CAS in a household with kids before I hit the check mark I always make sure to click though all their outfits to make sure they have the right color hair. If one has changed then that starts of the cycle where I have to go in and out of CAS at least three times to get the right color to stick on all the outfits. During the cycle I'll give them the right hair, come out the of CAS see that they have the wrong hair color, go back in, give them the right hair color again, go back out and see that they have a DIFFERENT wrong hair color, go back in set the right color again. I have to do this over and over until the right color sticks for all the outfits.

Message 30 of 146 (2,927 Views)