Re: Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

by winterlightsong

Original Post

My Sims hair colour

★★★★★ Newbie

I aged up my baby boy, and when I went into change appearance, I changed his outfit but his hair kept changing colour randomly. I didn't do anything to provoke the change and when I changed it back to black, and exited CAS, his hair was a different colour.

Message 11 of 146 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem with one child in my world. Other children are not affected by this for some reason. 

His parents both have black hair. His hair randomly changes color. I noticed when I loaded the game and he had red hair something was off. I tried to modify him several ways and whenever I click confirm to close CAS or even just switch to one of his parents in the CAS screen, his hair always changes back to brown, red, or blonde. 

I have NO mods or custom content. I have tried to fix it through the mirror "change appearance", the dresser "plan outfits", I have also turned cheats on and tried to modify the child through CAS. But with or without cheats turned on his hair always changes to another color randomly (never black though...which is what his hair should be.)

I also noticed his eye color switches between several different shades of green and hazel. I don't know what his original eye color was because I only noticed this after trying to fix his hair several times.

The genetics are part of why I've always loved this game, and it's driving me crazy that I can't fix it.

EDIT: Now I have tried to recreate this glitch with other hair colors and it only seems to be the black hair color (for me) that will change randomly. If I change his hair on purpose to red, brown or blonde, it will keep those colors. It is only when I attempt to change it to black that it refuses to save the color and makes his hair red or blonde. 

Message 12 of 146 (2,881 Views)

Hero

This thread is a bit of a mixture but there was one hair fixed in the recent patch.

Can I get some feedback from you guys ?

@itsSesime @minky7 @RubyEllen135 @bionicdesserts @AkiraAnubise

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 146 (2,857 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it appears the patch fixed this problem for me.

Message 14 of 146 (2,850 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

A couple of weeks ago I had a black haired teen who would suddenly go blonde and then go back to black...'once you go black you never go back'!

Message 15 of 146 (2,847 Views)

Hero

@minky7 wrote:

Yes it appears the patch fixed this problem for me.

Thanks for checking

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 146 (2,830 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The same thing is happening to me at the moment. It still happens after I removed my mods folder, and it annoys me so much
Message 17 of 146 (2,819 Views)

Hero

For a special hair or any of them ?

Are you using custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 146 (2,815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Its all the hairs in my game. I use custom content, but I tried playing without it and the problem still occurs
Message 19 of 146 (2,808 Views)

Hero

Any specific colors ? I can so not duplicate this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 146 (2,803 Views)