Re: Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Child/Toddler Hair Color Changing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi guys, I am getting this glitch where my child's hair color keeps changing. His hair was light brown and then when I saved and came back his hair is dark brown. Not sure why that is happening, but it's really annoying. Just wanting to know if others have gotten this glitch!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag448/myyyhw2/simschildglitch_zps02c743b5.png

Message 1 of 146 (22,630 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Child's Hair Color Changing When Re-Opening Save File

Community Manager (retired)

This should be fixed with today's new patch. Please let me know if it's not. And share your save file with me if you can! Standard smile 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 60 of 146 (18,477 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 146 (22,485 Views)

Hero

Hi @itsSesime 

Do you still have this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 146 (22,328 Views)

Child hair changes randomly

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for months, can't really recall when exactly it happened.

Whenever I create/edit a sim child in CAS, their hair color would randomly change to a different color, when changing their hair color back to normal, it would change the color of their eyes and eyebrows, when either of those were edited it would change the other 2 as well. The results were always different, and would start on changing outfits, and happen ingame as well.

With patch on April 14th, the children change hair STYLES randomly, when I edit them in cas they look fine, as soon as I click ok and go into manage worlds/live mode, the child has randomly changed - hair style, hair color, eyebrow color, eye color. I go into cas again, I fix their appearance, I click ok, go into manage worlds, the same thing has happened again. 

This does not happen with teens or adults or elders, only affects children. I've seen other people on different websites talking about having this issue as well but no idea how to fix it. 

Message 4 of 146 (22,297 Views)

Re: Child hair changes randomly

Hero

@YummyEggy Merged even though OP's issue was more specific

Are you using custom content in your game ? Did you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 146 (22,289 Views)

Re: Child hair changes randomly

★★ Novice

Tried it right now with all mods taken out and it is still happening.
Have repaired the game multiple times since the issue started, it fixed various other bugs but not this one. 

Message 6 of 146 (22,269 Views)

★★ Pro

I've had this bug since the March patch.

I'm posting, because I just saw complaints about it making the rounds again on Tumblr recently. People are complaing about EA not seeming to be aware of it.

A child's eyebrow and haircolor (plus sometimes eye color) change with every outfit switch sometimes. Is it safe to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to fix something like this without busting relationships and having to fix them? It's a very annoying thing to see over and over again.

I've seen it with no mods or CC in my game. Repair game does not fix it.

Message 7 of 146 (22,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this should go here, or a new thread.

I'm having an issue with the new boys hair that came with patio update. All the other hair styles work fine, but the new one changes to random colors. It doesn't matter what color I choose, when I go back into the game it's random. It makes it unusable.

I finally just chose a different hairstyle, and that one works like normal.

Message 8 of 146 (21,992 Views)

★ Novice

I have had this problem for months, and i tried everything that was advise. I don't have perfect Patio, I just have base game. For me its only Childern and it has gotten worst with the new patch. Teens,Adults,Elders are fine. It even happens in CAS.Fuleditmode. I'm really getting tired of having to go back everyday to change hair color back to normal.

Message 9 of 146 (21,979 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have also had this problem for a while. Every time I encounter it it drives me absolutely bonkers. Right now I have a kid who born with black hair that randomly changed to brown when I went into cas to change her shoes. So, I change it back to black in cas, go back to live game and IT'S BLONDE. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! I've gone in and out of cas so many times trying to get black to stick. I've tried other colors hoping it will give me randomly give me black when I go to live mode but nope. Nothing is working. This needs to be fixed!

Message 10 of 146 (21,913 Views)