[ARCHIVED] Can't change appearance from Sims with too big surnames

by Kokero

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Can't change appearance from Sims with too big surnames

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Create a Sim has a bug at Landgraab family in the translated game (PT-BR), the family name translated is "Quero-Tudo-Que-É-Seu", which is too big for game's standard, so Create a Sim doesn't allow me, and other Brazilians, to save a clothe change for exemple.
I suppose Maxis could program the game not to check the last name length in CAS's "change appearance" action in a future update.
All Brazilians are dealing with this bug, so it's pretty recommended that Maxis take this matter seriously because nobody likes Malcolm's shirt (JK) XD
Here is a screeshot of the glitch:

http://prntscr.com/689tc3

King reggards,

Erico (or Kokero), a The Sims fan.

Message 1 of 25 (3,375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't change appearance from Sims with too big surnames

Hero

The Spencer-Kim-Lewis family has dropped the Spencer from their name, and shall now be known as simply Kim-Lewis.
  • The Kim-Lewis family is not clarifying why the ‘Spencer’ was dropped, and while rumors at the water cooler are circling regarding extra-marital woohoo, the more casual observations have focused on the theory that their name was just too long.
    • As for the water cooler, have you considered that perhaps the water cooler is an old reference that no longer makes sense to the younger generation? Maybe you really should hang out at the coffee house, or a bar… bars are timeless.

This should fix the issue.

Not really the fix I had hoped for but better than nothing I guess.

Marking this as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 25 (3,364 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't change Sims appearance from Landgraab family in PT-BR translated game!

Hero

Added to translation issues since it seems connected to that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (3,295 Views)

Re: Can't change Sims appearance from Landgraab family in PT-BR translated game!

★★★ Novice
Thanks! Hope be fixed soon Standard smile
Message 3 of 25 (3,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Kokero wrote:

Create a Sim has a bug at Landgraab family in the translated game (PT-BR), the family name translated is "Quero-Tudo-Que-É-Seu", which is too big for game's standard, so Create a Sim doesn't allow me, and other Brazilians, to save a clothe change for exemple.
I suppose Maxis could program the game not to check the last name length in CAS's "change appearance" action in a future update.
All Brazilians are dealing with this bug, so it's pretty recommended that Maxis take this matter seriously because nobody likes Malcolm's shirt (JK) XD
Here is a screeshot of the glitch:

http://prntscr.com/689tc3

King reggards,

Erico (or Kokero), a The Sims fan.

Message 4 of 25 (3,277 Views)

★★ Novice

My game also presents same bug

Message 5 of 25 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. This is annoying when you want to change the appearence of the family and you can't :/

Message 6 of 25 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game also presents same bug

Message 7 of 25 (3,248 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. Hope they fix. 

Message 8 of 25 (3,232 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hope they fix this by programming as they were fixing a bug (which it is, nothing is translated wrong), because I don't want see Landgraab name in Quero-Tudo-Que-É-Seu family. This is not just a translated name, it has it's history in The Sims translated game, Its been like this since first Landgraab appearance, so please fix this but do not change anything in the translation.
Hope you understand my concern Standard smile

Kind regards,

Erico (or Kokero)

PS. I just noticed, there is another family with the same issue, the one called Spencer-Kim-Lewis (Don't know if the name is the same in English, but we cannot change them appearance too because of the name length).
Message 9 of 25 (3,226 Views)

Hero

Moved to CAS issues Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (3,114 Views)