Re: Issue with Brazilian Portuguese version of the Game

by osushipower

Original Post

Re: Can't change Sims appearance from Landgraab family in PT-BR translated game!

Community Manager (retired)

Yes, this is not a translation issue or a text issue.

This is a CAS functionality issue with in game families.

i can forward, but title should be also changed.

thanks

Message 11 of 25 (1,215 Views)

Re: Can't change Sims appearance from Landgraab family in PT-BR translated game!

Hero

Tagging @Kokero to see SimGuruRusskii's answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
Changed :v
Is this one better?
Message 13 of 25 (1,208 Views)

Re: Can't change appearance from Sims with too big surnames

Hero

Yes. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 25 (1,205 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I would say "Can't change in game families in CAS due to long names" but because im picky.

it is not only a problem for PT-BR from the looks of it.

i forwarded this to the appropriate party. hoping we can repro.

thanks

Message 15 of 25 (1,199 Views)

★★ Novice

I have discovered this problem also. I'm in the U.S. playing in Willow Creek the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family. It may be the name length but also perhaps all the hyphenation. It took me 2 hours to figure out WHY I had no option to "save" from CAS when I just wanted to give the adult female some makeup.

Every time I tried to save it told me to change the last name of the little girl. I changed it from "Spencer-Kim-Lewis" to "Spencer-Kim" or something like that. It finally let me save the adult female with some makeup on.

I'm going to do some more searching. I'm unclear if I should just change the last name of everyone in the family to whatever I choose? I didn't even Know last names in sims 4 could be changed or how that works. I wonder how that will affect family trees? Good Question.

Message 16 of 25 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Fixed an issue where long names were being cutoff in the Genetics panel in Create-A-Sim.
    1. This should help anyone who has named their Sim “WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW” but could only see the name as “WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Something was changed. Feedback if that solves the too long name issue is appreciated

@Kokero 

NVM, this is still broken but now you can at least easily change the name,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (1,178 Views)

Issue with Brazilian Portuguese version of the Game

★ Novice

On the original english language game, we have the Landgraab family name.

While in Brazil, the portuguese translation change it 'Quero-Tudo-Que-É-Seu'.

The problem is, when you play with the 'brazilian version' of the Landgraab family (that is the Quero-Tudo-Que-É-Seu family), and when you try to change their clothing or even do any other changes on CAS, at the moment you try to save the alterations, the textfield of the surname pops red, saying that it is too big!

The problem only happens on CAS, so there is no other issue. Since I don't know how the 'Landgraab' translation is on other countries, I assume this issue is only with the Portuguese Version.
I've talked to the EA Contact and they told me to create a post here.

This problem unable players to save changes on cas (only with the Landgraab family, since their family name in portuguese is way too big to fit the textfield).

In this youtube video, you can see this issue when the youtuber tries to save her changes and the family name pops red.
Check aroud "4:26" and "9:28".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIDjfFXjEVI

Thank you.

Message 18 of 25 (1,162 Views)

Hero

HI @osushipower

it's a general issue with names that are too long. You can just shorten the name and it will work.

I've merged your post with existing bug report. EA should be aware of this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 25 (1,147 Views)

★ Novice

Well, I KNOW that we can 'shorten' the family name, but that is totally bad!
It's better if EA changes the family name texfield size instead of us having to shorten every single member of the families, when we want to do some changes on CAS. Confusedmileymad:

Message 20 of 25 (1,140 Views)