Re: moschino tripod not working

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Freemove mode while taking photos missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Ugh, what a patch this was. Fired my maid, can't progress on acting and just when I thought I would at least be able to play with my photographer freelancer again, I can't take the pictures the way I wanted anymore Disappointed 

I'm having the same issue. I think they messed something up when they tried to fix the "jump across floors" bug, since the movements that don't work anymore are the ones that caused the bugs. That makes the tripod camera pretty useless for me, free movement was the best feature of the pack and now I am locked with those basic angles who won't let me frame my pictures properly.

Message 21 of 77 (3,823 Views)

moschino tripod not working

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

recently discovered that my tripod is 100% functional. when i select it and click take a picture everything works fine but the Q and E keys dont work in camera mode. when using the tripod its supposed to work the same way as tab mode but for some reason its not. I dont know when it stopped working as i was using a lot and with mods but for some reason now its not. i can only take pictures in the genral sense i can no longer use the more dynamic aspects of it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit: just took out all my mods and problem still exists so im really at a loss is this a new update where they took thaat feature out or a bug ?? whats going on and how do i fix this please help thanks

Message 22 of 77 (3,783 Views)

Champion

@Rumplestiltsim I recently did some testing with the camera and tripod. Some of what I found may be helpful to you:

• I put the camera on the tripod and click the tripod and choose 'take photo'. I used my arrow keys to move right /left/up/down. There is a bar at the bottom to rotate the shot and you drag it. There is a + and - drag bar/adjuster to the right of the screen.
  • There's also a set of four arrows on the adjustment in the viewfinder if you have no arrows on your keyboard.
  • So... No need for letter keys. Just look through the viewfinder.
  • If you don't have to have arrows on your keyboard, all of those adjustments I mentioned are in the viewfinder when you click the the tripod and select 'take photo'.
  • You can also use the mouse to click in the view and scroll in or out.
  • If you've clicked on the area you're viewing you can drag it in any direction to reposition. So there seems to be a number of ways it can be done per your preference. I don't have a track pad but I expect if you do you can also click on the view area and drag it with the track pad. It seems the options are set to be pretty intuitive and accessible per your device and choices. But if you prefer using the letter keys I found the following...
  • Q & E do not work for me, but WASD do. Click in the viewfinder screen first, then use the WASD keys. 
I'm on Mac, so it's possible that if you're on PC you can also use that Q&E key(s)... it may be different. The main issue may be that you need to be inside the camera viewfinder first then click in the viewed area to be able to then use the keys to move the camera?

Please let me know how it goes.

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 23 of 77 (3,759 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Rumplestiltsim I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first page of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 77 (3,742 Views)

Re: Sims 4 camera keys not working ( Q E WASD)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

The up and down arrow keys DO NOT work the same way as the Q and E keys used to. The up and down arrow keys just tilt the camera up and down from a fixed height, while the Q and E keys used to enable you to adjust the height of the camera (i.e. closer to or farther away from the ground). This probably wouldn't matter to players who take photos more casually (if at all), but as someone who plays mainly for the freelance fashion photographer career and likes playing with angles and such, it's a bit frustrating. I would much rather not have the floor jumping bug fix (I just made my studio on the ground floor after discovering that bug), than having this reduced camera/tripod movement. 

Message 25 of 77 (3,701 Views)

Re: Sims 4 camera keys not working ( Q E WASD)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it's broken. WASD now function as the arrows do, which renders the tripod useless by eliminating the free camera mode that made it special. It's kind of an absurd that the key object of a pack doesn't work properly anymore, thanks to that update from hell which also made all of the the key aspects of Get Famous stop working as well.

I'm hoping the tripod issue won't be thrown at the end of this never ending list of pending fixes, but seeing how many people here don't even know how it used to work, I'm afraid this will take the back seat Frown And that is, IF this isn't their way of "fixing" the jumping bug. Surely they can't call it a "fix" if by fixing it they mean disabling the broken function.

@SheriGRThank you for going through the trouble of testing the object in hope to help us with the issue, though. 

Message 26 of 77 (3,682 Views)

★ Apprentice

OMG THATS SO ANNOYING. Especially when I only fired my maid because people said that was the quick fix for the fast forward bug where my game would randomly go three times speed and It wouldn’t let me play at normal speed! This is getting out of hand why are the bugs intertwining 😕😕😕😕😕

Message 27 of 77 (3,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’m having the same ‘lack of free movement’ problem with the tripod in Camera mode. Glad I’m not the only one, but frustrated it’s happening at all! It was such a great feature and my main justification for buying the Moschino pack! Livid! 😫

Message 28 of 77 (3,614 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

For me, this is by far the worst new bug that was introduced with the 1.59.73 patch. If I had known about this, I honestly would not have updated my game. I can live without a maid or the currently broken shower/tub-combos, but not having the full functionality of the tripod is truly heart-breaking! What's even worse is that a lot of people don't even seem to understand what some of us here are saying!

Message 29 of 77 (3,485 Views)

★ Guide

I am having the same issue. This was a feature that was so amazing in my game - I used to line my Sims' houses with all of their family portraits. But now, without the free-move functionality, it removes so many creative portrait options from us. I really hope they recognize the issue and fix it soon. Frown

Message 30 of 77 (3,344 Views)