Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [COLLECTION THREAD] Texture Glitches

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

ATTENTION - This thread is no longer maintained but has been archived, and any remaining bugged textures are listed here.  If you have a problem with a texture that is not listed in the new index, please create a new thread for it.  Thank you!

I will be maintaining an index of graphical problems with various game textures here.

1. Vertical wall styles do not match up properly from one level to another on the corner tiles

01-11-16_1-24-47 PM.png

Affected styles include: Pinstripe Grains, Steamy Slats, Matchstick Mania, Zentastic Tiles, Starboard (although the distortion is very slight), Vertical Hold, Country Fieldstone, Rustic Riverstone, Vertical Clapboard Corner, and Vertical Clapboard.

2. Half walls protrude into room walls, causing vertical walls styles to mismatch between levels:

halfwallandroom.jpg

3. Discretion Single Bedsystem and Discretion Double Bedsystem have incorrect black coloring on a portion of their sheet:

01-11-16_8-59-48 AM.png

4.. Cloud Chair has reversed palette selections for two green and blue patterns:

cloudchair1.jpg

cloudchair2.jpg

5. Perfectly Patterned Large Umbrella Table transparency causes shadowed portion of umbrella cover to disappear completely at night:

badumbrella.JPG

6. Louis the Fourth Wall Style has a color mismatch in one of its palette selections and two incorrectly named palette selections:

louis1.jpg

louis2.jpg

louis3.jpg

7. Basic Darks with White Trim wall style has an incorrectly named palette selection:

Basicdarkswtrim.jpg

8.  Stumpy Chair (from Outdoor Retreat) has incorrectly named palette selection:

stumpychairprob.jpg

9.  Oasis Springs mailbox has duplicate colors for its black and white palette selections:

oasismailboxcolors.jpg

10. The Action-item door has a reversed swatch in its palette:

action-item1.jpg

action-item2.jpg

11. Ladder-Like Stairway has 2 grey swatches in its palette that are actually the same as the white swatch:

ladderst1.jpg

ladderst2.jpg

12. Bonjour Soleil Arch window has a duplicate swatch of brown in its palette where the blue swatch should be:

bonjour1.jpg

bonjour2.jpg

13.  Better than Bunny Decal, Rorschach Bunnies, Delightful Dino Stencil and Unidentified Creature Stencil all have their light blue and dark blue palette swatches reversed:

stencils1.jpg

stencils2.jpg 

14. Decorative elements on Friezes change their number displayed depending upon the adjacent frieze color.  For instance, if the frieze has the same color as adjacent friezes, it looks like this:

frieze1.jpg

If the adjacent frieze(s) have a different color, it looks like this:

frieze2.jpg

This glitch applies to all friezes except Frieze Frame.

15. Angled Roof Trim is missing a red color swatch that all other roof trims have; one of its brown swatches is repeated twice.

Other trim:

othertrim.jpg

Angled Roof trim:

angledtrim.jpg

16.  Terrain paints on certain lots in Windenburg are oriented diagonally, instead of horizontally like normal:

terrainwb.jpg

17. Odd colored ceilings in 21 Chic Street (all apartments), Zenview (all), Alto - 1020, Landgraab (all), and in Fountainview Penthouse:

11-15-16_3-55-33 PM.png

18. One wall is missing a pattern by the elevator in Hakim House:

11-29-16_1-43-10 PM.png

19. Zenview apartments have graphics glitches on their balconies  Also, the 4th balcony down from the top is missing its doors and windows.  Finally, the exterior wall style on the .3rd level down, wall to the immediate right of the wall with balaconies, 2nd window from the left has a different wall style from the rest of the exterior.

11-29-16_1-32-55 PM.png

missingbalcwinddoors.jpg

wrongwallstyle.jpg

20. 122 Hakim House is missing an exterior window and wall style extends one tile to the right further than it should, judging by the exterior design of the rest of the building:

11-29-16_1-36-37 PM.png

21. Some floor styles in the Wood category have jagged edges between their lines (affected styles are Walk the Short Plank Hardwood Floors, Heartwood Plank Flooring, and Handscraped Wood Flooring).  You can easily see the glitch in action in the 920 Medina Studios apartment lobby (in San Myshuno):

12-29-16_5-55-34 PM.png

22. Graphics Glitch in sky over San Myshuno (note that the same/similar glitch is seen in areas of other worlds as well):

sanmyshsky.png

23.  Some grass and shrub objects used in non-editable portions of the worlds float above ground level:

04-03-17_2-34-50 PM.png

04-03-17_3-08-44 PM.png

Message 17 of 162 (6,823 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Re:

Hero (Retired)

ATTENTION - This thread is no longer maintained but has been archived, and any remaining bugged textures are listed here.  If you have a problem with a texture that is not listed in the new index, please create a new thread for it.  Thank you!

View in thread

Message 162 of 162 (4,540 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Many of the walls have wrong swatches

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm not going to list them all here, but walls having wrongly-coloured swatches is a very common issue. The straight white "Clapboard Crush" has a brown swatch, several light blue "Simple Siding"s have a dark blue one, the actual light blue swatch is for a completely different light blue, etc etc etc. Also the order of swatches is often illogical (colour of bottom molding often being displayed in the middle for instance).

Message 1 of 162 (6,702 Views)

Re: Many of the walls have wrong swatches

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 162 (6,699 Views)

[OPEN] Wrong swatches on 'Cloud Chair'

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Screenshot 1 -- green is actually blue

Screenshot 2 -- light blue is actually yellow

Message 3 of 162 (6,698 Views)

Re: Wrong swatches on "Cloud Chair"

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 162 (6,690 Views)

Re: Wrong swatches on "Cloud Chair"

★ Apprentice

Still an issue in 1.4.83.1010.

Message 5 of 162 (6,667 Views)

[OPEN] [OR] Grasses did not touch the ground

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

These images taken from Granite Falls. It seems really obvious to me, the grasses were like floating.

http://s29.postimg.org/xmfmnsc3r/05_25_15_11_21_AM.png

http://s29.postimg.org/x8eao6s07/05_25_15_11_21_AM_2.png

Message 6 of 162 (6,040 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Grasses did not touch the ground .

Hero

Added this to graphics issues but is this something new ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 162 (6,028 Views)

Re: Grasses did not touch the ground .

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Im not sure. But i think its already been this way since the first day. And its not only grasses, but other flowerings as well. 

http://s22.postimg.org/o86kho5zl/05_25_15_11_50_PM.png

Message 8 of 162 (6,023 Views)

Re: Many of the walls have wrong swatches

Hero

Is this still an issue @tastytourist

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 162 (6,631 Views)