[ARCHIVED] [CD] Unable to adopt pets/pet carrier stays on lot

by Suspiria83

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Unable to adopt pets

★★★★ Novice

Update: it seemed to work when I tried it in a brand new save file. I've only tested it once. Still not working in the old save file though. Just thought that might be worth mentioning.

Message 11 of 87 (23,026 Views)

Re: Unable to adopt pets

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening in my game & I have two pet carriers in my Sims home.  Any idea how to remove them?  I went to Buy Mode to delete, & I was unable to select them. 

Message 12 of 87 (23,012 Views)

Hero

Someone on twitter posted that reloading the game gets rid of the carrier

This is how it should work

1. Adopt a pet through computer. You should NOT be charged
  2. Wait for the person to arrive with the pet, then you can look at it and evalute
  3. If you wanna go for it, click on the animal to adopt
  4. You should now be charged.

So, if it's not working like that, there might be an issue around. I'll test some further myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 87 (23,000 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Unable to adopt pets

★★★★ Novice

I know absolutely nothing about coding so I don't know if this means anything or is useful but I attached a lastexception that I get when it fails to add the pet to the household. I just want to help to fix it in any way possible, as soon as possible. Frankly I'm pretty upset this feature doesn't work, I had low expectations of EA for this pack and yet still they've managed to disappoint me.

Message 14 of 87 (22,987 Views)

Adopt a pet not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs few of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a pet through pc with a legacy sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Adoption agent shows up without pet . Unable to adopt.
What do you expect to see? Pet showing up with agent click on it to confirm adoption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pets installation

I have tried to move my existing family from another town to the new one and adopt a puppy. When the adoption agent turns up they have no puppy with them . I tried calling them again same thing. If I leave to travel and come back the puppy is there I can introduce myself and it and the agent just disappear . I just want my legacy Sims to have pets I was really looking forward to this pack!

Message 15 of 87 (22,943 Views)

Re: Adopt a pet not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

^^^

This is essentially what's happening with me. All my older sims (and sims from the gallery I saved) cannot adopt pets but if I create a new one they can adopt

I do have CC tho

Message 16 of 87 (22,922 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Unable to adopt pets

★★★ Novice

Sometimes when the adoption agent comes by, they will put the puppy or kitten in the crate, but they don't take the crate so I can't enter buy/build, travel, save, or anything because there is a member "leaving" the household. I have tried testingcheats and reset object and it doesn't do anything. This bug has occurred 3 times since the release. I have probably put a solid 10 hours into the exp. pack now. The only thing that I can say that I have noticed when this happens when I have time sped up x3. Other than that, no clue. I am playing in English.

Message 17 of 87 (22,906 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Unable to adopt pets

Hero

Hi @InformationLake

is this an existing save (pre-patch) or one you started after pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 87 (22,904 Views)

Adoption Pet Carrier Cannot be Deleted or Moved

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a pet through the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? After I officially adopt the pet and the agent leaves, the pet carrier stays, and it cannot be deleted or moved.
What do you expect to see? If the pet carrier sticks around, I would at least expect to be able to move or delete it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats and Dogs EP

For whatever reason, after I officially adopt a pet through the computer and the agent leaves, the pet carrier sticks around, and it cannot be deleted or moved. I know I picked Every Time, but I'm not exactly sure. This happened on my first file after installing Cats and Dogs, so I reloaded and just adopted a stray. I haven't tried this again yet. If it helps, this occurred at 1313 21 Chic Street in San Myshuno.

Message 19 of 87 (22,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes Im also having the same issue, the crates wont go away and the adoption wont happen.

Message 20 of 87 (22,895 Views)