Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to adopt pets/pet carrier stays on lot

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@drdooomxxx

If you're not sure which file, you can either send everything in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\, with details on which saved game to use, or mouse over the small folder icon on the Load Game UI to see which save slot corresponds to which save file, and send just those file(s).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 61 of 87 (2,414 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimQARobo I just wanted to provide a brief update.  In my first save (the family named on the file was Wakefield), I switched to another family in the save and they were able to successfully adopt a dog.  Both households that couldn't adopt had one thing in common - they both had a pregnant sim in the household (specifically a male in each household had been abducted by aliens and got pregnant). 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 62 of 87 (2,383 Views)

EA Sims Team

@MapleSimmer

Thank you for the additional info Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 63 of 87 (2,377 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimQARobo I was playing with the Wakefield save again tonight and I returned to the household that I had problems with before.  The pregnant sim had his baby so I tried to adopt a dog again, also knowing I'd been successful with another household in this save, as I reported previously.  I had one of the other members make the call and trigger the adoption.  It took the money, told me I was adopting, let me name the dog and then the dog didn't get added to my family. The option to adopt was still there so I tried 2 or 3 more times, and each time it did the same thing; told me I was adopting, took the money, and gave me the option to name.  After the third or fourth attempt I put cheats on to see if I could just add the dog to my family using cheats and I didn't see that option.  I decided to try and travel with the dog (and the rest of the family excluding the alien baby, who is part of the household but of course had to stay at home) to see if that did anything and when I got to their destination (I chose a community lot, specifically Willow Creek Park), the dog was with them and was also part of the family.  I did notice that 3 of my sims already had a relationship with the dog and the fourth sim, the one who had been pregnant the first time I tried to adopt, had to introduce himself to the dog.  I then took them back home where I noticed that the sim who had to introduce himself to the dog didn't have the ability to train the dog but the other three sims in the house did have that option.  Not sure if that helps, but I just thought I'd mention it as I thought that seemed a bit strange. I did save right after they returned home; not sure if the save would be of any help.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 64 of 87 (2,347 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimQARobo

How about changing your system like this?

1. Sim adopt a pet from a phone (same)

2. Then, create a random homeless sim. (agent sim)

3. Make Agent sim visit your house.

procedure:

3-1. Knock the door.

3-2. Generate a cage near the door, outside.

3-3. Show a "hand" plumbob and leave the lot. (then, disappear and delete this sim because we don't need anymore)

3-4. Show notification "The agent left a pet cage. Time to open it."

4. The sim(player) click the cage.

procedure:

4-1. If click.origin==player.sim, then

4-2. Disable the cage.

4-3. Place a pet sim at the cage.position.

4-4. Add the pet to your household.

4-5. Show notification(pick name UI, etc).

4-6. SUCCESS

4B. If the sim didn't open the cage and 4 sim hours passed

4B-1. Show a purple notification; "(petname) is starving to death!"

4B-2. Disable any cage interaction (make it unlickable)

4B-3. Spawn a new agent sim and take the cage away.

4B-4. Disappear the agent sim and a cage, delete them both from game.

4B-5. Add "Sad" buff to all household sims.

4B-6. SUCCESS

Message 65 of 87 (2,343 Views)

Re: Unable to adopt pets

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Hi guys! I fixed my crate problem by bulldozing the lot and moving my sims back in 😊
Message 66 of 87 (2,279 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant even see the kitten i am trying to adopt the guy comes but no kitten

Message 67 of 87 (2,246 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm kinda having the same problem.

I put my kitten up for adoption.

Nothing happend but I can't enter buildmode or travel.

Kitten is still in the household but I can't do anything with it.

After a few sim days I notices that there was a crate on the edge of my lot. But no adoption person..

1. Did you start a new save or is it a pre-patch save ? NEW
  2. Are you living in a house or apartment ? HOUSE
  3. What interaction did you do before fully adopting the kitten ? Putting Kitten up for adoption 
  4. Did you switch game mode while the adoption was running (for example go  to build mode) ? NO
  5. Have you ever used mods/cc with that save game ? NO NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL
  6. Are there any tight spaces involved on your lot ? NO
  7. Do you have the issue that the carrier didn't go away or also that the pet wasn't added to your household ? CRATE NOT GOING AWAY, KITTEN STILL IN THE HOUSEHOLD
  8. How many times did you try ? Did you get the issue each time ? HAPPEND TO ME 5 TIMES NOW (DIFFERENT FAMILY'S)
  9. If you have any lastException files from around the time when it happened, please attach them. DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS. 
  10. Anything else that comes to mind ?
Message 68 of 87 (2,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Locking your door will no longer prevent adoption.
  • Baby-gram!
    • Um, no. *click*
  • NO! A locked door?! Oh man… I… I guess I’ll have to take this one home too. The wife is not going to be happy about this.

This is only a partial fix. There's new threads for all issues that are still present. Please check last post of this thread/Compiled list for details and links

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 87 (12,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to update that I was able to adopt pets after being sure to unlock the front door before the agent arrived, glad to see they addressed it in the latest patch.

Message 70 of 87 (2,178 Views)