Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets

by fishonamission

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

My Sim just adopted a puppy -- the puppy's Traits are Independent, Hunter, and Troublemaker. When the puppy does an unwanted behavior like drinking from puddles, playing in puddles, or waking up my Sim in the middle of the night, I click on the puppy, but the option to lecture the puppy for whatever the specific misbehavior is doesn't show up. I've had other save files with Sim households that had puppies, but I've never encountered this problem until now.

Also, this may or may not be related, but when I click on the puppy to have my Sim socialize with it, the "Pet Training" category of dialogue options only shows up every once in a while. This is something that's always happened whenever one of my Sim households has a dog or cat, as far as I can recall (maybe cats aren't even supposed to have the "Pet Training" category since most cats kinda do what they wanna do and it's not easy to teach them tricks). I'm not sure whether this is a bug, or if your Sims' pets simply have to have all their needs met before your Sims can train them.

Message 41 of 66 (2,912 Views)

★ Guide

Not sure if supposed to start a new report or just add to this one - my problem is not exactly like the original report (has nothing to do with transferring pets) and this report is pretty old whereas my issue just started - likely after this last patch before Get Famous (I do not have Get Famous but have all other packs). Only CC/Mod I have is nomosaic.

Anyway - I started a new game after the patch came out to try out the stylist career - my Sim adopted a cat. When the cat scratches the furniture or begs for food or does any bad behaviors - there is no longer any options to lecture them about the bad behaviors to teach them not to do it.

Message 42 of 66 (2,870 Views)

Hero

@GypsyRozLyn @BlazeBard

considering both of you are saying it's not there at all since the patch, I'd say, please create a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 66 (2,855 Views)

Message 44 of 66 (2,840 Views)

Hero
Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 66 (2,837 Views)

★ Apprentice

Referred here from [THIS] other thread:

I created a sim with a pet dog in CAS in new game (if it's relevant, this new game was created after the most recent patch and after installing Get Famous). Both the sim AND the dog were created in CAS. The original Sim was able to interact normally with the dog. He could lecture the dog for bad behaviors, he could become friends and companions with the dog.

The sim then brought his partner into the house via the Friendly --> Ask to Move In interaction. His partner was unable to lecture the dog for bad behaviors or become companions with the dog, regardless of their relationship level. The sim and his partner then married, but nothing changed.

I don't know if posting here helps at all, but I just figured I'd let it be known that I am also seeing this issue.

---

Tangentially - I am also seeing the issue where no sims can lecture ADOPTED pets. I've posted about that in the thread linked above.

Message 46 of 66 (2,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm having the exact same issue. I found a stray cat, adopted him and now don't have the option to lecture them.
Message 47 of 66 (2,732 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem but only my children in the household can lecture the pets.
Message 48 of 66 (2,688 Views)

★ Pro
I have this problem with a merged household after marriage. Don't seem to be able to become companions with pets already in the household. Sim 1 moved in with a dog. Sim 2 has a cat. Sim 2 was able to become companions with the dog. Sim 1 never has the option to become companions with the cat. Their relationship bar with the cat is full.

This is post patch and GF.
Message 49 of 66 (2,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yup. Initially, everything worked fine and the options to lecture/scold for specific behaviors were available. These have since vanished, however; I've noticed the change while adopting pets, but I'm not sure if CAS pets also have this problem. "Scold" does appear under the "Mean" interaction tree, though...

Message 50 of 66 (2,524 Views)