Re: Scolding/lecture bug

by ravenshadow723

Original Post

Hero

I'm guessing it's an 'ownership' issue. The dog isn't recognized as being owned by the new Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 66 (3,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
That’s what I think too. If the sim wasn’t a part of the household when the pet was added, he/she is not recognized as the owner. I do hope they fix this, because it’s a bit annoying. Not game-breaking by any stretch, but still inconvenient.
Message 22 of 66 (3,211 Views)

Hero

Well, we kinda figured out why, so that's a good start, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 66 (3,209 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Definitely! Standard smile
Message 24 of 66 (3,205 Views)

★★ Guide

I have had this happen too. I moved Mayor Whiskers into my sim's house through household management and she was not able to lecture or correct his bad behavior but she was able to correct and lecture her own cat, plus a stray cat I shift clicked to add to the household. It was Mayor Whiskers I couldn't because I moved him in through the household management. Had it happen with other households after that too and only with pets moved to the household that way. I am able to lecture them if they were originally part of the household or adopted/shift clicked into the house.

Message 25 of 66 (3,187 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets that were moved from one family to anot

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 66 (3,170 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets that were moved from one family to anot

★★ Novice

Having the same issue with the lecture option not being available. However, I did not transfer pets between houses but adopted them. 3 cats and only 1 is lecturable. 

Message 27 of 66 (3,157 Views)

Can't Lecture Pet

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to lecture a pet doesn't come up when they are bad
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option to lecture a pet when they are bad
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi,

So I have this sim who adopted one cat and everything was fine. I was able to lecture him when he did bad things. However, after adopting two more cats I can't lecture the two new cats when they do bad things. The options don't come up to do so. Nothing has changed in the game and I took cc and mods out and the issue is still there. 

Message 28 of 66 (3,156 Views)

Hero

What traits do your cats have ?

What age did they have when you adopted them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 66 (3,138 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets

★★ Guide

I have a similar problem. I had two sims in separate households, each with two dogs. They got married, and merged their households when the game prompted it at the wedding. 

Only the original owner of the dogs can lecture or train the dogs. I did check in cas.fulleditmode that all four dogs have both human sims as 'Owner', but clearly the game failed to give them the owner rights. 

They can still lecture and train the dogs they started with perfectly normally, it's just the dogs that were created with the other sim first that somehow don't count for these owner interactions.

Message 30 of 66 (3,107 Views)