Re: Scolding/lecture bug

by ravenshadow723

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think I experienced this too! I created a new save with two different households, each containing pets. When the households merged (wedding!) I found that only the original owner can reprimand their pet.

So now I have two dogs that can only be scolded by their original owner (wife), and one cat that can only be scolded by his original owner (husband). Husband/wife can’t scold the other’s pet(s).

No CC/mods. New save created Friday night after downloading the EP.
Message 11 of 66 (3,814 Views)

Hero

@OhnoArno wrote:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KoHINIhWS7nVq-U0W9sZNnJQxLVN4tp0  I hope this works lol.

I get a not found on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 66 (3,804 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know why? I've never used google drive before. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KoHINIhWS7nVq-U0W9sZNnJQxLVN4tp0/view?usp=sharing  Hope this works! sorry.

Message 13 of 66 (3,799 Views)

Hero

This worked. I'll get back to you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 66 (3,794 Views)

Hero

Did you test the same dogs in a new save ? Maybe it has something to do with their traits ? I can also not train them which worked fine when I adopted a third dog (tried the two women with the two dogs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 66 (3,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I am having the same problem in a new save. Can’t train or scold a pet if the sim wasn’t a part of the household when the pet was added. Also can’t add them as a companion. This is true for my 2 dogs and a cat, and they don’t share a common trait.

I can send you my save later tonight after work if that would help.

ETA: if they adopt a 4th pet, it’s fine, both sims can train/scold that pet. But they can’t train/scold pets that were adopted by the other sim when the households were separate, if that makes sense.
Message 16 of 66 (3,783 Views)

Hero

Yes, that's what I'm seeing on @OhnoArno save as well. Guess it's an issue with getting someone else's pets in an irregular way.

There were no mods involved adding the pet to the household, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 66 (3,778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No mods or CC in my game at all. I don’t think there’s anything abnormal about how I merged the households either. I just had one sim ask the other to move in. The other accepted the offer and brought their pets with them.
Message 18 of 66 (3,773 Views)

Hero

Great. Thanks

And the original owner doesn't have the options either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 66 (3,767 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The original owner can still train/scold.

So in my case, I had a female sim that I created with 2 dogs. Then I created a male sim, and he adopted a cat via the computer. After they moved in together, the dogs can still only be trained/scolded by the female sim. And the cat can only be scolded by the male sim.

Relationship doesn’t seem to matter either, because the dogs both have a very high relationship with the male sim.
Message 20 of 66 (3,763 Views)