by OhnoArno

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I've bought all the sims 4 game packs, stuff packs, expansions, free content and have all of them installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I discovered it by transfering pets I've made into a pre-exisiting house.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't scold or lectuer them. "lecture about barking" etc. doesn't come up. Only 'scold' under the mean option.
What do you expect to see? I expect to beable to lecture the pets about their bad behavours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So the Sims I've been playing with have 4 dogs and 2 cats. With the release of the pets expantion pack, I wasn't sure if there was a way to enter CAS and make the pets without resetting my Sims so I just made a new sim, made what their pets look like, added the random sim with the pets into the world and then tranfered the pets into the household by the map. With the 4 dogs and 2 cats being transfered into the household instead of being created a long with them, I noticed you can't lectuer or scold the pets about certin things, like if they drink out of the toliet or bark and wake them up where if you create them with a family or adopt them, you can.

Message 1 of 66 (17,169 Views)

Re: Scolding/lecture bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @OhnoArno

that's all working well for me. Didn't have an issue with these.

Not sure I understand right how you got them into the game.

You created the with another Sim and then added to your existing household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 66 (16,929 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. Because my existing family was before cats and dogs. So I went into CAS, loaded in a sim I had created a while ago by replacing the randomly generated sim you get. Then I made the pets I wanted for the existing family, which was 2 cats and 4 dogs. Then I placed the sim that had all the pets on, in a random lot and using the map, transferred the pets into my existing family. Once I started playing that family, whenever the pets would do something 'bad' the option to lecture or scold them wouldn't come up. I thought maybe it was because my sims didn't have a high enough relationship with them because they didn't start off knowing them, so I had to do the introductions for all of them but once I got them up to friends, I still can't tell lector them. 

I did the same thing with another family and I can't lecture them either so it seems like a consistent bug on my end lol?

Message 3 of 66 (16,917 Views)

Hero

Could you start a fresh save for testing purposes to see if it works there. There seem to be a lot of issues with existing saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 66 (16,914 Views)

★★ Novice

Tested it. Works fine under a new save. Does that mean there is not saving my old world lol?

Message 5 of 66 (16,908 Views)

Hero

I don't know but there's seems a lot of issues with olds saves.

Would you be willing to share yours ?

If so, please upload the saves somewhere and PM me the link

@OhnoArno

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 66 (16,895 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't mind, I'm just not sure how. Do I just upload the whole save folder? and can you recommend a place to upload it, to link it please?

Message 7 of 66 (16,879 Views)

Hero

Best would be either google drive, oneDrive or dropbox.

If you know which save, you can just upload that, if not, zip the whole folder

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 66 (16,872 Views)

Hero

Giving this a nudge above the bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 66 (16,864 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 10 of 66 (16,859 Views)