[ARCHIVED] CAS Issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] CAS Issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Gender Conversion Issues

Hello! The "Unisex" bottoms (they appear for both feminine and masculine filters) "stretch" the middle section of female sims, and make them look really weird. The last picture has a feminine only bottom, for comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/4ehVgEs.png

https://i.imgur.com/oJ0xI7n.png

https://i.imgur.com/UvE3g5t.png

https://i.imgur.com/NigPmNR.png

Message 81 of 94 (2,915 Views)

★★ Guide
Me too, I miss the bowler hat. It was a basic equipement for men since starting Sims 4. Also deactivating the gender-filter doesn't bring a solution. The women still have the bowler hat in CAS.
Message 82 of 94 (2,838 Views)

TS4 CAS ITEM / TS4 BUILD ITEM ISSUES

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? BASE GAME -- EXPANSION PACKS ---- Get to Work ---- City Living ---- Get Together ---- Cats and Dogs -- GAME PACKS ---- Vampires ---- Spa Day -- STUFF PACKS ---- My First Pet ---- Toddlers ---- Laundry Day ---- Bowling Night ---- Vintage Glamour ---- Cool Kitchen ---- Romantic Garden ---- Perfect Patio ---- Movie Hangout ---- Spooky ---- Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go look for yourselves at the items in the screencaps I provided or at the items themselves from your end.
What happens when the bug occurs? It is technically not a bug but I do not know how to report it. The issue I am having is graphical errors with the items. The first one I only just noticed and there is a small square pixel present in the small arch that came with the Cats and Dogs Expansion pack. It seems to be just something that was overlooked when the item was made. and did not get "erased". The Third issue is some minor errors with CAS Items.
What do you expect to see? Items that are clean and not seemingly done half way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have disabled/uninstalled all custom content to make sure it wasn't an issue being caused anywhere by any of those things in my game first and then one by one checked and readded the items one after the other and came to the conclusion its the game itself nothing on my end.

In the screen caps I have provided I have clearly marked and pointed out the areas of concern and why.

I never noticed the issues with the CAS items before so I believe them to be new issues yet I do not know what would have caused it.

If need be I can supply separate larger images

Message 83 of 94 (2,729 Views)

Re: TS4 CAS ITEM / TS4 BUILD ITEM ISSUES

Hero
@abyssalsimmer Merged your post with the CAS collection thread

Tagging @BryonyRae for the build mode one to see if it's a known issue and where she wants it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 94 (2,714 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Items Removed

Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? 

The TS4 Parenthood (Teen -Elder) jogging pants are being removed from the Maxis sims EA released to the gallery and the game is reporting it as “Items Removed”. If you turn gender tags off the pants will show up in CAS. Clearly the pants are still in the game. I think this started back with the TS4 Jungle Adventures patch, but it might have started even sooner. What other items are being affected I don’t know, but this is not the first time that this “Items Removed” message has appeared in my game. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help report this to EA by reblogging it and/or contacting crinrict. I have no mods or cc in my game and it is a fresh installed game and freshly downloaded Maxis sims from EA’s own gallery account as you can see in the pictures.Items Removed - Parenthood Jogging pants teen-elder

Message 85 of 94 (2,686 Views)

Hero
This is already a known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6650713#M58622

Thanks for the additional report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 94 (2,682 Views)

★★ Guide

I think I reported this, but just in case. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I just don't remember everything.

To reproduce:

Attach this hair to female sim.

There's a neck glitch when the sim move the head.

Not so much in CAS menu, but really noticeable in "live mode".

Message 87 of 94 (2,658 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @99publicidentity

Would you be willing to send us a video of the issue? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 88 of 94 (2,629 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? : Open CAS, randomy generate a sim any age or gender except toddlers, and apply base game or Get To Work glasses

What happens when the bug occurs? : Most of the the glasses float noticeably in front of the sims nose face.

What do you expect to see? The glasses should be as close to the sims nose as possible.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Removed

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? AFAIK always occurred. I noticed it in the original CAS Demo.

Age Group: All except Toddlers

I have noticed that the majority of glasses from the base Game and Get To Work float noticeably in front of the sims nose. This occurs regardless of age or gender, except with toddlers. The only glasses that this does not occur noticeably with are those with modeled nose pads. It occurs with normal sims as well as those with extreme facial features. Ideally they should be as close to the sim's nose as possible, not flaating way out in front of it. IMO a little clipping at extreme morphs is preferable to the present situation.

Message 89 of 94 (2,554 Views)

Hero

• Let’s start at the top…of your head! We made a snappy bowler hat that was previously only for female Sims now unisex. So, either gender can look silly.

The bowler hat is back with Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 94 (2,454 Views)