[ARCHIVED] CAS Issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] CAS Issues

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Neoniti For that vampire hair, I'm pretty sure it's because you have the masculine/feminine filters removed. The male hair is different than the female hair for that one, so the icon is different for males.

Message 61 of 94 (1,644 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] CAS hair issue.

★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to CAS and change a Sim's hair to the one below. (i have no idea how else to name it.)
What happens when the bug occurs? the small portrait shows the top part cut off. this also happens in-game with the large mood portrait as well.
What do you expect to see? all of the hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? not now. i've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? is this hair new? if so, that's the change.

i'm seeing this in CAS and live mode. in both, the Sim's hair is cut off. please see screenshots--as usual, i'm terrible at explaining stuff.

cas.jpg

select_household.jpg

ui.jpg

the hair shows in full when the Sim is sleeping.

Message 62 of 94 (1,622 Views)

Hero
Are there other hairstyles that do that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 94 (1,610 Views)

★★ Expert
@crinrict, i'll test.
Message 64 of 94 (1,607 Views)

★★ Expert

okay. i've seen that they make the head look not perfectly "round", or not fit the small/square portrait.

testing with the last Sim on the thumbnails row. it seems that, if the hair in CAS "catalogue" kind of cuts off at the borders (see selected ones in CAS screenshots), it's going to show cut off the top of the actual portrait/thumbnail in-game.

compared with the other five Sims: their hair doesn't get cut off and looks like it's outside the portrait box. their whole head fits.

i saw a few more, but am not sure... my eyesight isn't so good, i'm having trouble focusing, so my apologies if any of these are wrong. also, i don't know how to identify them, if hairstyles have codes to be able to tell which is which. this is a mess, i'm sorry, i don't even know if it will be of any use. (if by any chance it is, i will try the male hairstyles later. thank you.)

only_thumb.jpg

short2_thumbnail_only.jpg

short3_thumb_only.jpg

short4_thumb-only.jpg

short_only_thumb.jpg

thumb_and_portrait.jpg

thumb_and_portrait2.jpg

thumb_only2.jpg

thumb_onlynotexactlyround-top.jpg

thumb-portrait.jpg

Message 65 of 94 (1,594 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @unseenlarks

This is by design. The skewer/portrait is not intended to be the whole sim (see Llama mascot, Bear, or Hamster for worst case examples). It is fully expected that Sims will be cut off in the images.

Thank you for your feedback though!

Happy Simming!

Message 66 of 94 (1,556 Views)

★★ Expert
okay, @SimGuruIcarus, thank you for replying.
Message 67 of 94 (1,548 Views)

Re: Discoloration on New Skin Tones

Champion

The skin discoloration that @Cianyx mentioned is seen in my game too, but so far I only notice it in CAS since I can never get that close to my Sims with the game camera to see that kind of detail.  If I happen to notice it in Live Mode, I will let you know! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 68 of 94 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As of today's (February 22) patch on PC, I get an "Items Removed" popup when loading my save even though I have no custom content and even after verifying in Origin. After some digging it seems that the game doesn't recognize yfBottom_GP05SportRelaxed and ymBottom_GP05SportRelaxed (the sweatpants) from Parenthood; they don't appear in CAS when editing a Sim, and Sims already wearing those bring up the error when loaded.

Message 69 of 94 (1,451 Views)

Hero
@thuraski Could you test if they show up if you turn off the gender filter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 94 (1,428 Views)