Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] CAS Issues

by thuraski

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The pants show up in CAS after disabling masculine/feminine filters, but the color swatches are all grey for both genders. Loading a Sim created with the pants pre-patch still brings up the "Items Removed" error.

yfbottomsgp05.png

Message 71 of 94 (3,357 Views)

Hero
Did you create them all in different swatches then the ones showing up now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 94 (3,356 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I found a workaround. For whatever reason, probably a bug, there's two copies each of the male and female sweatpants inside the Parenthood package as of today's patch: one copy with working swatches and gender settings, and one copy that's broken but overrides the first one. Using Sims4Studio I copied the working versions of the sweatpants (the ones with earlier item IDs) as CAS overrides, saved them in new packages, and stuck them in my Mods folder. While they do appear as CC within CAS, importing Sims created before the patch (like the one in the photo below) with the Parenthood sweatpants works without throwing an error, as does loading a save containing Sims wearing the Parenthood sweatpants. Swatches and gender settings are working as well. Until EA cleans out the broken copy from the Parenthood package in a future update this should keep the game running.

yfbottomsgp05_2.png

Message 73 of 94 (3,345 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 94 (3,343 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am missing a bowler hat after the new patch:

Notice the bowler hat on this Sim

Notice the bowler hat on this Sim; now look at the hat when I place the Sim in CAS

no bowler hat

No, I didn't put that new hat on him, immediately as I placed him in CAS his bowler hat disappeared and was replaced by this other hat which is nowhere close to a bowler hat. Not only that, but all other instances of this same Sim in all my save games have had their bowler hats changed to this hat instead, without me even touching them. I tried scouring the entire hat section with no filters, not even gender filters, and the bowler hat is absolutely gone completely, as if the bowler hat never existed and this is the hat the Sim always wore.

Message 75 of 94 (3,217 Views)

★ Guide

Hi there,

After logging on the play the Sims today I noticed an issue with some CAS assets. The skinny jeans added in backyard stuff and city living both have the issue with certain tops, like seen in the picture. This issue occurs with all female sims, irrespective of age group. Like said, this started with the patch of 22 February.

sims 4 bug.png

Message 76 of 94 (3,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have pictures, but my male sim wearing the PJ parenthood pants glitched out too. I gave him new ones.

I do have a picture of another article of clothing having the same problem though. The sim in question is an Elderly female with custom gender settings. They are also from Parenthood. The shorts in question are the green highlighted ones. None of the swatch colours work right now for her, and the pants don't show up in Live Mode either.

Stangely enough though, my young adult female sim with feminine clothes preferences (but wears a mix of masculine and feminine) still has her parenthood pack shorts. Maybe this article of clothing's just broken for elder women? 

Louisa.jpg

My sim's all like "Dude, where did my pants go?"

Message 77 of 94 (2,906 Views)

Hero
Looks like the hat was removed on purpose: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16348322/#Comment_16348322

@paradiseplanet27

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 94 (2,876 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have only noticed the artifact show on this skirt, on the hem. It is coming from the hem of the shirt. I tested it with several outfits, colors, and different sim bodies. The shirt is from 'Jungle Adventures'.
This is a Young Adult, female, Sim.

arifact.JPG

Message 79 of 94 (2,841 Views)

The movie hangouts hair has a weird blob around the ear and a black dot on the forehead.
The other black lines are from what I've heard caused by GeForce.

hair.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 80 of 94 (2,761 Views)