[ARCHIVED] CAS Assets that only show unfiltered/missing/wrong gender

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] CAS Assets that only show unfiltered/missing/wrong gender

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post all CAS Assets that have either gone missing completely or only show if you remove all filters in here

Compiled List

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 38 (3,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] CAS Assets that only show unfiltered/missing/wrong gende

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/td-p/6387288/jump-to/first-unread... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (3,653 Views)

All Replies

Clothing not tagged male nor female

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I think I read somewhere about Maxis saying we should tweet one of the Gurus about problems with the latest patch regarding clothing but I can't find it anymore so I'll just post it here.

There are some clothes that are not assigned to neither the male nor female tag. This is clearly not intentional because some clothes available to both genders are assigned to both tags (regardless of the tag you choose, they will always be available to use). What this means is that, in order to see some clothes right now you have to stop using the tag the game uses automatically (you have to do it manually, because it always chooses one of them by default), otherwise you can't see this clothes.

I don't have a list of all the clothes that aren't tagged, but here's an example:

e0vlm2B.png (These are all the full-body outfits from the GTW expansion, notice how my sim is wearing one of them)

TMIiSiI.png (Male tag, I can't choose the outfit he's wearing anymore, along with others)

sVMkzSt.png (Female tag, same thing. It's also strange how the alien outfits are not available for women, was it always this way?)

Message 2 of 38 (3,441 Views)

Re: Clothing not tagged male nor female

Hero

Best would be if you added everything you have to this thread I've just moved your post into

@Karonoth

You can attach pictures directly to the post by using the attach feature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 38 (3,429 Views)

★ Apprentice

Part 1 (it only allows me to attach 3 pictures).

Message 4 of 38 (3,409 Views)

★ Apprentice

Part 2. In addition to these, the Alien clothing from GTW only shows up if the tag selected matches the gender of your sim (if you select male clothes on a male sim or female on female it works, but if you select female clothing on a male or viceversa it doesn't work).

Message 5 of 38 (3,408 Views)

Hero

There are some items they did not convert but thanks for the reports.

I hope they can look into it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (3,397 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict You mean the alien clothes? I should have clarified: the clothes in this pictures don't show up regardless of your gender unless you remove the gender tag.

Message 7 of 38 (3,387 Views)

Hero

Perfect. Thanks for clarifying. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (3,385 Views)

Sims 4 Female Hair Gone

★ Novice
The Sims 4 female straight hair from the base game has disappeared from CAS. Has anyone else noticed this? I was thinking it could be from the latest update.
Message 9 of 38 (3,317 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Female Hair Gone

Do you have a picture of the hair? I don't know of any hair that has been taken out of the game.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 38 (3,309 Views)