★★★★ Guide

Current List of Broken Achievements

• Old Lace --> Removed
  • Basketcase --> Potentially fixed. Feedback welcome
  • Can Reproduce --> Removed
  • Horticulture Shock --> Removed

Original post in Spoilers

Spoiler

1. Hidden achievement Problem Child is impossible to get (assuming the requirement we were hinted on is correct).

Maxing mischief skill on a child or on teenager doesn't unlock it. Those same two sims, a child and a teenager, declared parents enemies, again the achievement won't unlock. Teenager sim did master mischeef aspiration. No use. Finally the child and teenager sims went all way down with grades, now are F graders, yet the achievement doesn't budge.

I wonder what is "problem child" supposed to be in this game. Standard smile

2. WooHoo! achievement is impossible to get.

My sim woohooed all these on pics that have not small pink line and not red line - all off them except one were NPC sims created by Maxis and were never ever a part of my household:

http://s29.postimg.org/hjx8la0k7/pic1.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/jlrqzarn7/pic3.jpg
http://s4.postimg.org/nr6k6a4rh/pic2.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/6hqs0coz7/pic4.jpg

3. Old Lace achievement is impossible to get.

Tried by junkbarbarian with killing NPC sims by getting them super angry, no achievement, his pic: http://s27.postimg.org/gla97n4c3/graves.png

Tried by me by rocket doublewoohooing NPC elder sims, no achievement, my pic: http://s12.postimg.org/swew06n5p/urns.jpg

I killed these Maxis' NPC sims: Haeju Robles, Osvaldo Padgett, Tristen Guzman, Matt Mead, Bonnie Koenig, Itzel Gilchrist, Kaci Panero, Brandon McDermott, Emilie Yarbrough.
Some were already old, some I've aged up to elder with birthday cake ("age up sim" option on a cake if you're talking to that sim).

4. What Would It Be Like text description is not correct.

It will not trigger if your sim woohooed ghost sim before that sim becoming a ghost and is now woohooing that ghost. The achievement text should say "woohoo with a ghost sim for the first time".

5. Ghost Family text description is misleading.

You definetly have to put 8 ghosts in one house and then play that house.
But those ghosts don't have to be a family of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, etc. They can be nonrelated. And it's good that it's made like that because many players have glitches with ingame relationships currently.

The better description would be "Have a household of 8 playable ghosts".

Message 1 of 26 (7,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Broken and 'broken' achievements

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Achievements/td-p/6382732/jump-t... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (5,064 Views)

All Replies

Re: Broken and "broken" achievements

Hero

Sims can now complete the WooHoo! Achievement… so what are you waiting for? Get out there and get those Sims achieved!

That one at least should be fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (6,720 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I managed to finally get 8 playable ghosts in my household, but the achievement says I only have 7. 

Message 3 of 26 (6,647 Views)

★ Novice

So I couldn't make the achievement unlock by exiting and reloading the game, nor could I do it by restarting my computer.  However, I did find a way to isolate the corrupted ghost.

First I moved the one I suspected might be corrupted into another household.  He had gotten stuck on a punching bag and I had had to resetsim on him.  When I went back to my ghost family, the achievement was now at 6/8.  So he wasn't the culprit.  I moved him back in.

Then I moved out the girl who had taken over a week to come back as a ghost.  Once again, 6/8.  Not her either, so back into the family she went.

Next was my most recent death.  I hoped it wasn't him.  I liked him.  It wasn't him.  Whew!  But at this point I was wondering if I was going to find the corrupted sim this way at all.

Then I moved out grandpa.  7/8, with 7 ghosts in the house.  Grandpa was my bad file.  Good.  Grandpa was a cranky old codger who regularly annoyed the rest of the house.  Now he's moved off to the netherworld and a new sim is making friends with my charisma ghost.

Here are the things that grandpa had that made him different from the other ghosts, just in case one of these may be a problem.

1) He's the only one that died of drowning.  (BTW, NEVER have a sim you want to keep in your household die of drowning.  They leave puddles everywhere they go, and the puddles give uncomfortable +1 to everyone near them.  Big pain in the rear!)

2) He was the only ghost to woohoo.  He did so with grandma, which exhausted her as normal, and unlocked the "What would it be like" achievement.  When I had them woohoo again to start grandma on her way to becoming a ghost, she LOST the exhaustion.  I think she may have slept through it.  Regardless, that may have been a possible corruption point.

Other than those two things, I can't think of anything grandpa did that the other sims didn't do.  Also, aside from the resetsim mentioned above, I haven't used any cheats or mods.

Message 4 of 26 (6,635 Views)

Sims 4 Achievement Bug for Old Lace-Is there a fix yet?

★★★ Novice

Hi I have been checking but have not seen any new information for achievements that are bugged. Has the Old Lace achievement been fixed yet or is there a work around for it?

Message 5 of 26 (6,139 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Achievement Bug for Old Lace-Is there a fix yet?

Hero

@KlrSims Merged with existing thread.

Haven't had any feedback on it so I don't know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (6,122 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Achievement Bug for Old Lace-Is there a fix yet?

★★★ Novice

Great, thank you Standard smile

Message 7 of 26 (6,116 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been having no luck achieving Basketcase. I have searched though all the suggestions and tips on how to get it, but none of them work. Is any one else having the same issue?

Message 8 of 26 (6,110 Views)

Hero

Did you try the suggestions in this post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12728446/#Comment_12728446 ?

Did you go through all the emotions and it didn't trigger or do you just have a hard time achieving it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (6,098 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried all of the suggested ways that I could find, including ice cream, hats, paintings, social, cheats, traveling, nothing appears to work. Game is repaired and everything updated, no mods or cc.

Message 10 of 26 (6,096 Views)