[ARCHIVED] Books that are put down on public space can't be picked up

by aspirechan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Books that are put down on public space can't be picked up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My sister was playing Sims 4 last night when she encountered this bug.

She had a Sim go to a community lot with a book in her inventory and when the sim got there she tried to read the book. She got up with the action 'put book away' but she was not on a lot with a bookcase in which to put the book, so my sister cancelled out of the action and she put the book on the ground.

So my sister tried to put it back into her inventory by hand and even though the book was no longer on the ground, so one would assume it was in the inventory, when she returned to the Sim's house the book was gone from the Sim's inventory. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Books that are put down on public space can't be picked up

Hero

Don't know if that's still an issue and since this doesn't have a bug template, I'm going to lock this.

Feel free to create a new thread if you still see this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,317 Views)

All Replies

Re: Book disappears from Sim's inventory after returning from community lot.

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,742 Views)

Books in the street cannot be moved.

★★★★ Guide

Hi guys.

I playing with two families since the GTW expansion and one of my Sims putted the book he wrote on the street but until now he can't take it back. He just take the book in hands and put it back in ground.
I tried to use the moo cheat and testingcheats to move or debug the object but nothing happens.

I already repaired, make backup, reinstalled, taken out mods but still doesn't works.

Someone has the same problem as me?

Message 3 of 8 (1,675 Views)

Re: Books in the street cannot be moved.

Hero

This is probably the same or similar to this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Objects-in-the-street-cannot-be-moved-or-delete...

I'm not sure if stuff is getting cleaned up or not now but with books is a little different since you don't want it to be cleaned up.

Could you try the set to head workaround that is described in this particular post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Objects-in-the-street-cannot-be-moved-or-delete...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,665 Views)

Re: Books in the street cannot be moved.

Hero

@ceunon20 Found a bug report on the list that is basically the same as yours.

Have merged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,656 Views)

★ Novice

I have a violin I cannot move just outside a lot. -_-

Message 6 of 8 (1,611 Views)

★★ Guide

When sims leave objects outside of lot boundaries you can instruct the sims to read / play / eat / use the object then instruct them to walk back onto the lot while using the object. You will then be able to move, delete, or place the object in inventory.

Message 7 of 8 (1,595 Views)

Hero

Don't know if that's still an issue and since this doesn't have a bug template, I'm going to lock this.

Feel free to create a new thread if you still see this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,318 Views)