[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

by turkfox

Original Post

Re: Nothing Can Be Done with Toddlers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed this when a toddler need goes red. Even non-caregiver sims seem to all get the "Check Toddler" icon at once. I have a clean new, unmodded install. This was concerning at first with a seven person household, they were so busy each trying to feed the toddler the poor thing nearly starved. I had designated a caregiver too. The best way was to pause and go cancel the Check Toddler on most of the household. I would have to repeat that quickly several times to make sure a toddler was able to have the need addressed. Sometimes I still wasn't fast enough. Once the toddler had more mobility and potty training it happened less often, as most need bars didn't get to what seems to be a "broadcast all imperative" state. This was awkward with both the large family and three floors with things the toddler needed on two of the three.

I have not seen other Sims doing any odd non-toddler autonomous actions. I am using full autonomy.

Message 21 of 100 (1,701 Views)

Re: Bug with Toddler care

★★ Novice

Mods?

Message 22 of 100 (1,685 Views)

Hero

Third party content you've added to your game. Did you put any files in the mods folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 100 (1,682 Views)

★★ Novice

Dont know how to do that so likely not

Message 24 of 100 (1,666 Views)

Hero

Hi @cutekittiekat

I've merged your thread with the autonomy troubleshooting

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 100 (1,656 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont know how to do that

Message 26 of 100 (1,644 Views)

Hero

Here's instructions with pictures: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799/hig...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 100 (1,641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Further information on the highchair problem after more toddlers. The issue is worse when someone has designated themselves the Caregiver.  When don't have anyone designate themselves, the game seems saner about not sending every adult in the household to the highchair.

Message 28 of 100 (1,635 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone could share a save file with me where they're experiencing these issues it'd be super appreciated, thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 100 (1,595 Views)

Re: Autonomy issues since toddler update

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is exactly what my game is doing! Toddlers just stand there, cant put/or go to bed. won't play/or be taught to stack blocks, or play with dolls house. In other words the only thing I can get them to do is to be put in high chair and adult feed them nothing else works Frown 

Message 30 of 100 (1,579 Views)