Re: Autonomy issues since toddler update

by turkfox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Was the new patch supposed to screw up autonomy? My adult sims won't stop doing things to the toddlers (and even randomly walking off to sit down for no reason) even with autonomy turned off. I can't keep on top of my toddlers' needs when the adults keep moving them around, putting them to bed for no reason etc.

(I have no mods or CC in my game, and never have)

Message 1 of 100 (15,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to lock this thread as it's gotten a bit messy.

If you have issues with Sims standing around doing nothing, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Autonomy-and-Needs-not-working/m-p/6881036#M64235

If you still have issues with the high chair or any other autonomy issues, please create a new thread.

@Somber_Cry Thanks for your save. I make sure it goes to the right place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 100 of 100 (13,713 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

My sims won't obey toddler commands like change diaper or feed or read to they pick her up then stand around and put her down again or put her back in the high chair. Super frustrating and the kid keeps crying.

Message 2 of 100 (15,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

And now the more I play, the more I find the adult sims doing things autonomously, even on their own and with each other.

Additional problem: toddlers' skills will randomly drop. Not down a level, but say 3/4ths of the skill bar is full - out of nowhere, it drops down to 1/4th. Or one skill was about to level up and dropped to almost empty.

Message 3 of 100 (15,187 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem. Seems as if all they're focused on is the toddlers. Kind of frustrating with more than one caregiver in the house.

It's hard to fill a whim involving the toddler or just to even take care of it's basic needs without another sim getting in the way 24/7.

Message 4 of 100 (15,158 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 100 (15,134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Done!

Message 6 of 100 (15,099 Views)

Hero

Thank you.

I'll check it out tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 100 (15,087 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thanks!

Additional issue: if I load any game, every sim who was in bed wakes up and stands next to their bed. All my sims are so angry about being awake now!

Message 8 of 100 (15,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

First, I'm playing with no mods, etc. after the Toddler patch.  Second, I play with Autonomy off.  So I have a couple who are maxed out on romance and friendship.  They have 3 children together and I have one other sim in the house who I'm treating as a butler but who is an actual controlled sim.  Just now, I had this sim watching sport on TV with the dad in the family and they were chatting.  This TV is located in the master bedroom.  I usually don't keep an eye on the conversations once I start them since with autonomy off, I've never had them do anything out of character.  I then dealt with the mom sim as she was going to read a book to one of the toddlers.  However, I check back on the dad and butler guy and they're woohooing in the bed!!!  WTH!  I've never had this happen before and wonder if it's related to the possible autonomy issue.  Now I feel as though I'm going to have to delete this butler guy from the household and the game world.  I'll also add that these two males didn't have any romance bar between them prior to this happening.

Message 9 of 100 (15,013 Views)

Hero

@shetcogle

could you also upload your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 100 (14,981 Views)