[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Clock Stops Ticking at 3:20-3:30 in the Night

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd It's been raised again. They raise it with almost every pack.

https://twitter.com/SimGuru0x00/status/1142113014025297922

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 291 of 302 (1,475 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Your link doesn't work.

Damn, 800 is a lot of sims.
Message 292 of 302 (1,472 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Fixed it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 293 of 302 (1,471 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerd Yes, I am sure about this. 575 is actually quite an old population limit. They had raised it to 675 before jumping to 800 in the June update of this year.

Well, have fun in CAS then!

Message 294 of 302 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DMDragonCT : So THAT'S what normally happens at that time that causes the clock to freeze for a while? Huh. Thinking

I do use MCCC to stop culling, but it looks like it has no effect on the maintenance freeze you speak of. It's okay, though, thanks for the explanation! Standard smile

Message 295 of 302 (1,417 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@StarryMight Do you also use mods to prevent relationship culling? That's probably heavier on the system than sim culling. The first time I cleansed all relationships from my NPCs in "Other Households", MCCC removed more than 28,000 relationships!!! That's a number you have to wrap your head around...

Message 296 of 302 (1,407 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DMDragonCT : I use MCCC to prevent that, too (do acquaintances at around 0 still get culled though, BTW?) . And GEEZ! O_O X-D
Message 297 of 302 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@StarryMight That would depend entirely on your culling preferences in MCCC. I had used Neia's No Culling mods for many years, but began to notice a certain lag whenever I opened the relationship panel of a sim that had more than 50 relationships. So, I wanted to see what happens when one goes over 100. Well, the lag became so bad that playing with the panel open became impossible. That's when I decided to use MCCC to clean up the mess I had created. You could try doing a test cull. If you think it removes too many relationships, simply exit without saving and try again on a less severe setting. I also suggest looking into cleaning out all inventories of NPCs with MCCC as I found that some sims can accumulate hundreds of items over time. Personally, I delete (choose to "forget") relationships for my playable sims on an individual basis every time I rotate to a different household. For my NPCs, and their inaccessible interrelationships with other NPCs, I use the cleaning from MCCC. As I keep a detailed log on each sim (including the hidden ones) and my total population count on an external spreadsheet, I always cull unwanted, randomly generated sims manually and regularly. Despite that, I still get the freeze at around 3 at night. My guess would be that even though we have the culling functions disabled, the game engine will still scan through all the files nonetheless.

Message 298 of 302 (1,394 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DMDragonCT : I see. Also, I think that last sentence is pretty much what's happening here.
Message 299 of 302 (1,389 Views)

Re: Ultra Speed Glitch

★ Guide

This thread is helpful. My sims literally have the take forever to do a command glitch and then stand around a while before doing it. It was a thing a while ago but it's back with island living. 

Message 300 of 302 (1,353 Views)