Re: Sims not responding - Sims 4 2019

by XTraSWEPizzaHere

Original Post

Re: Game Lags Everywhere

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zauluton Merging this with the master thread on lags.

If you need individual troubleshooting help, please use the tech forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

There's currently also this known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 281 of 302 (1,466 Views)

Sims 4 bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won't do what I tell it to do.
What do you expect to see? My sim doing what it is told to do and not just stand there
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So the thing is that Sims doesn't work properly on my laptop. I just got a new one and when I first tried to play it, it said that the graphic card on my laptop was too high or something? That may be the reason why it's not working but I'm not sure. I don't exactly know how or what to change so that it will work. because the that is not working is my sim all of asudden refused to do anything I told it to do. After that, I tried to go completely out of the game and back multiple times also the days after, and it still won't react. I also tried to "repair" the game at Origin but it didn't work either. I don't know if it ha something to do with that I have the Pets extension pack and I was using it in one of the other cities and not the one specially made for that extension pack. Is there anyone here that knows what the problem is or how to fix it? That would REALLY make me so happy!

Message 282 of 302 (1,445 Views)

Re: Sims 4 bug

Hero
@andreasnup Merging your post with the simulation lag thread.

There's a few tips on the first page. Did you start a new save ?

Could you post your DxDiag '

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 283 of 302 (1,431 Views)

Sims not responding - Sims 4 2019

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons City Living Parenthood Outdoor Retreat Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doing an action
What happens when the bug occurs? When I tell a sim to do something, the sim doesn't respond quickly.
What do you expect to see? The action is in the queue, but it won't go down to the action they're going to do it. Its been happening a lot. Sometimes small things like, going to the bathroom or getting food I have no problem with but when after I woo hoo a sim and tell it to do something, they don't move. Sometimes when I feed the children, it takes it a while. Time will keep moving and other sims would keep going but the sim or sims that was in the particular action won't respond for a few minutes (Real time). It's frustrating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've never had this problem before on my old laptop that I remember. When I returned, the sims homepage was different, so I expect it could have been an affect from a patch update.

Message 284 of 302 (1,333 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@karizzles did u try restartnig and loading another sim because its a common glitch what i do is cancel it and then travel to another lot and then do a simple action and see
Message 285 of 302 (1,326 Views)

★ Novice
@XTraSWEPizzaHere I switch to another sim and theyre still standing. I can go off the lot and everything is fine. Seems like when I am in the house, it does it.
Message 286 of 302 (1,298 Views)

Clock Stops Ticking at 3:20-3:30 in the Night

★★★★ Pro

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let all sims in a household to be asleep, or not on the lot, at 3:20 at night.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clock stops ticking at 3:20-3:30 if the game is on super speed (3x+ speed, i.e. when everybody is sleeping or not on the lot). It takes a little while for the clock to start ticking again.
What do you expect to see? That the clock continues to be on 3x+ speed throughout the night.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Clock stops counting at 3:20 to 3:30 at night if all sims are asleep or not on the lot. It takes about 10 IRL seconds to go from 3:20-3:30. Sometimes it happens at 3:10-3:20. It's been like this for a long while for me now, so I've installed new packs, updated the game and repaired the game several times since the first time I noticed this.

Message 287 of 302 (1,394 Views)

Re: Clock Stops Ticking at 3:20-3:30 in the Night

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Does the clock jump back if you turn off superspeed ?

Sounds like the usual simulation lag

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 288 of 302 (1,372 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The time you described, I believe, corresponds to the game's regular maintenance schedule that runs in the background. At around 3 o'clock at night (sim's time), the game performs cleaning and culling actions, i.e. relationship culling for sims who have more than 35 relationships total and/or population culling in case you have more than 800 sims altogether. I would say that the lag you experience is normal and a small price to pay for overall game performance. 

Message 289 of 302 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DMDragonCT That seems reasonable!

Btw, a little OT but are you sure about 800 sims being maximum? I thought it was 575.
Message 290 of 302 (1,336 Views)