Re: Sims freezing, clock is running

by kkursatcakin

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time jumping back/Sims freezing

★★★★ Novice

What do you mean release? The game has been out for almost 4 years now. Its a bug with that came with a new patch. Bugs are present in every game and no game ever has been 100% bug free.

Message 70 of 302 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Yes when it updated for city living, that’s where it began freezing every few minutes, doesn’t respond then it’s okay for another few minutes.
Message 71 of 302 (1,654 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too! My game was perfectly fine until I installed Seasons two days ago. I hope a patch will come out soon because it's practically unplayable

Message 72 of 302 (1,612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem since the toddlers update. Not a singel patch has ever never helped with this. I don't have any cc or mods installed, never had...

Message 73 of 302 (1,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The problem of all the weird stuff ON TOP of basic lagginess (time jumps, loading screen time warping, ...) has been present since original launch and isn't a regression of any recent patch. The reason more and more people see it with each update is because the inherent cause is the Python core script running too slow, and each update and expansion tends to put in more game logic which takes more CPU power to run, hence increasing the risk that this bug is triggered. Basically, the cause of this weirdness is how the game appears to deal with any lag of the core script code, resulting in time jumps and loading screen time skips when this clearly shouldn't be happening.

Of course fixing this wouldn't address the lagginess in itself, but at least all the irritating and weird glitches of the game clock that come with it.

Message 74 of 302 (1,543 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this bug too. And I have Intel core i5 6500, AMD Radeon R9 380X, 16 GB RAM. I don't think this bug is by slow PC.

Message 75 of 302 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well, I'm not a Sims dev, I only poked around the code a little so I could be wrong. However, if you have a slower tier i5 and/or there is some routing trouble or similar going on in the Sims 4 code amplifying the issue (which wouldn't surprise me) then it would still fit the big picture. Python, which Sims 4 uses for the core script, is slow and single-threaded (only uses one CPU core), so it's not particularly hard to run it against a wall if a couple of factors come together - and the game doesn't seem to deal particularly well with it when that happens.

Message 76 of 302 (1,543 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree with you. This bug is from start. They must rewrite the core of the game, maybe. This is worst bug of whole The Sims series.

Message 77 of 302 (1,507 Views)

Sims not able to do tasks without esc

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims stand and does nothing until you press esc and it does one step of the thing its doing, for example when going to the shower, first it goes and stands in front of it, press esc, then goes inside and showers, when done keeps on showering until pressing esc, then goes out of shower and stands there.
What do you expect to see? The sim doing the whole task itself to then go and do the next
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

ts4 bug video

note: All sims stops doing things, only the chosen sim does things when pressing esc.

Message 78 of 302 (1,547 Views)

Sims freezing, clock is running

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Full EP, SP, GP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have seen that many people having the same problem. I have also seen a thread about this bug saying to start brand new game, erase sims inventory, low graphics etc. nothing helped me and the thread was locked. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Time-freezing-amp-Resetting/td-p/3806607 Or https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Time-freezing-amp-Resetting/td-p/3806607 And finally: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#M47862 Nothing helped me.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims freeze and time is going forward as usual. They having activities on queue but they doing stuff they did in second they freezed. For a minute saving file and again loading it helping to fix it but minute (our minute) later they freezing again.... starting new vanilla game didn’t help.
What do you expect to see? Some answers that finally could help. I bought just pets and my first pet to finally get all sims 4 expansion packs and now I regret that now...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My specs:

intel core i7-6700HQ CPU

2.60GHz

memory: 16GB

I have MC command center.

Message 79 of 302 (1,545 Views)