[ARCHIVED] Autonomy/Auto-Solve not calculating distance

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Cleaning up plates bug

★★ Novice
This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of months now - when my sims finishing eating and I click "Clean Up" on the plates, my sim picks up all the plates and then walks upstairs to the bathroom to wash them when there's a sink in the kitchen i.e. part of the same room they are eating in? This happens in pretty much all of my saved games in any house or apartment - they always go to the bathroom sink to wash up whether it being upstairs or downstairs even though I have a sink in the kitchen/s in every house and game!
Message 61 of 73 (687 Views)

Re: Cleaning up plates bug

Hero

Hi @Lydiaa_G

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 73 (678 Views)

Re: Cleaning up plates bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same pathing issues.

1. Go to the toilet and then walk across the house to a different bathroom to wash their hands.

2. Eat dinner and wash the dishes in the bathroom sink rather than in the dishwasher or kitchen sink.

3. Pack a sack lunch in the kitchen and walk through to the counter in the master bedroom to set the packed lunch down rather than on the counter right next to them.  The counters in the kitchen are cheaper than the ones in the bathroom, if that's a factor.

I've deleted cache files to see if that fixed it but no.  It's REALLY annoying.

Message 63 of 73 (658 Views)

Re: Funny pathing bug since December patch

★★ Novice

My issue is pathing all.  Tell sim cook he goes to fridge in basement by bar (man cave) gets ingrediants then back to kitchen counters  (not always (had one time second floor bathroom counter)) mix then stove to cook and finally after all clean up dishes second floor bathroom sink.  Now I have better fridge kitchen and tons counter space a great upgrade sink and dishwasher in kitchen he must walk past to go on house tour. it takes me a few hours sometimes make 1 meals

Message 64 of 73 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

not sure if this is related, but auto-solve will not have a Sim go to her bed (she reacts as if there was something blocking her way) but clicking on the bed and directing her to sleep works every time.

Message 65 of 73 (594 Views)

Hero

Even if you stand next to the bed ?

Auto-solve sometimes works in mysterious ways and depending on the time of the day, she might want to take a nap instead of going to bed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 73 (584 Views)

★★ Expert

even if she's next to the bed. the action auto-cancels because she can't get to it. when she chooses to nap or sleep (free will) or when i click on the bed, it works.

Message 67 of 73 (563 Views)

Hero

Have you tried repairing game and moving out and back in yet ?

Is that Sim the only one with issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 73 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

yes, both!

it happens to all Sims in the household, i've sold the beds and bought them again. tried different bed models too. maybe it is some kind of pathing issue after all... i will try rearranging the sleeping area again.

(edit: tested auto-solve again without moving the beds, and it worked without issues this time.

edit 2: tried yet another household. there is a couch and a bed. when using auto-solve, sometimes the Sim will react as if she can't get to the bed and sleep on the couch. sometimes she will use the bed.)

Message 69 of 73 (545 Views)

Hero

Could you test a fresh save to see if it's save game related ? Just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 73 (530 Views)