[ARCHIVED] Autonomy/Auto-Solve not calculating distance

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Autonomy/Auto-Solve not calculating distance

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Sims will sometimes prioritize preparing food on other counters over the one unlocked by the culinary profession even if the other counters are in another room (attached to a bar for example).

Origin Digital Deluxe,
No Mods, 
No CC, 
Windows 7 Ultimate x64,  
Intel i5 2500k, 
nVidia GTX 780. 

Message 1 of 73 (3,886 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ARCHIVED] Autonomy/Auto-Solve not calculating distance

Hero

Going to lock this thread as this doesn't have the bug template

There is a new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-using-far-away-object-instead-of-close-one/td-p/64...

Please use that one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 73 of 73 (2,231 Views)

All Replies

Re: Routing issue when preparing food/Counters priority.

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (3,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This bug is driving me crazy. I currently have a mansion where my Kitchen is located on the 1st floor. Whenever my sim prepares a meal, he will go through 6 different rooms, up to the 2nd floor, enter the master bedroom's bathroom, prepare the meal there, and then go back downstairs to begin cooking. Sad part is there are 6 different and totally clean countertop surfaces that aren't being used in the Kitchen! Meanwhile, my bathroom is a total unsanitary wreck. *facepalm*

Message 3 of 73 (3,796 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 73 (3,785 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it might just be a counter value priority issue rather than just the Culinary unlock ones specifically. I'm not in game so I can't check right now (but I can later), but I *think* the counter that my Sims always want to use that's not even in the kitchen is simply more expensive than the ones in the kitchen.

Message 5 of 73 (3,778 Views)

Hero

Intersting obversvation.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 73 (3,775 Views)

Problems w/ sink & cooking!!

★★★★ Apprentice

Problem/Question:

The default sink my sims use to wash dishes is in the bathroom. How do I get them to use the kitchen sink for washing dishes, use the bathroom sink for washing hands/brushing teeth? Also, I'm having issues with my sims preparing meals. They'll will get something out of the fridge, and then place it on the floor. And then when I click "resume cooking", the sim with wave its hand with a bubble above it's head having a red X and footprints. I checked to make sure nothing is in the way, and have even rearranged the fridge, counter space and oven.

Answer/Suggestion from EA Chat Help:

As I discussed the issue with my higher support team and yes it seems a big glitch/bug. Your concerns, feedback and troubles are important to us. We want to thank you for informing us about this Bug/Glitch. We will fully investigate your report. We strive to provide a safe, fun and fair place to play and commit to taking the appropriate action against those bugs/glitch. Your involvement in the game is wonderful. A BIG thank you again for reporting this. We have identified the root cause of the “Demon Baby” bug that some players have encountered. We’re working on the fix, and will patch it to players as soon as possible. I also found that we are receiving multiple contacts regarding this however you do not need to worry about it since the game is in launching phase and we have just release a BETA version and a beta test is the second phase of game testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out. I would appreciate if you post it from your end also to our forums. The best way to get this information straight to our developers is through the forums. The Developers review the forums regularly as it is the best way to gather suggestions for the games and improvise them. Most of our developers take their leads from the forums so please post this issue on the Forums. Let me provide you the link where you can post this issue as an in-game issue : Here is the URL for our Answer HQ online community:http://answers.ea.com/ 

Other Question(s)/Anwer(s):

Q: Do you have any idea when these glitches will stop being a problem?

A: As the game is new, I hope that you can understand some glitches may appear. But the issues will be resolved soon.

Message 7 of 73 (3,800 Views)

Re: Problems w/ sink & cooking!!

Hero

@wuebker1992 Moved to bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (3,792 Views)

Sim not using kitchen sink

★★★ Novice

Not sure if this is a bug or just my sim being daft but instead of using the sink in the kitchen to wash dishes she is walking past it, going up the stairs to the bathroom and using the sink there.

Message 9 of 73 (3,773 Views)

Re: Sim not using kitchen sink

Hero

@PurpleTeardrops Merged with thread on similar issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 73 (3,762 Views)