can't progress in the location aspiration of sims 4

by corgisim

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Aspirations not fulfilling

Hero

@Irene346823wrote:

For the first time, I am having a problem completing the Artistic Prodigy aspiration for one of my Sim children. The holdup is at the Daydreamer milestone. Somehow, she is stuck at 0/3 for the "play with toys" task. I have had her play with two different dollhouses, playground equipment, and four of the little talking toy animals (like the Llamacorn and Butterfly McButterface). None of them seem to "register" with the game that she has played with any of them. I have had numerous children successfully complete this aspiration by playing with these toys, with no issues whatsoever. This is the first time I have had any issue completing any aspiration with any Sim, child or adult.

I have a vanilla game. Have already tried repairing in Origin.

I've tested this and had my Sim boy play with two dolls and a doll house which all registered fine.

Could you try moving your family out and back in via household manager to see if that solves the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 180 (950 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a sim that is a Stand Up Star, and I didn't think to change his aspiration from financial to Joke Star until last night. I'm on this one, and the aspirations.complete_current_milestone is not working. It doesn't do anything at all when I try it.  I've written all of the routines I can...short isn't even an option anymore, and can't do medium or long at all. 

Joker Star

• Milestone 3: Funny Businessman - Write 3 comedy routines: Since the amount of comedy routines you can write is limited, routines written before the level should count.  (they don't)
Message 112 of 180 (935 Views)

Hero

Have you entered testingcheats first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 180 (931 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the issue with Level 2 of the Angling Ace aspiration registering negative hours fished.  This was my Sim's second aspiration, but I completed the first one, and I have not switched his aspirations back and forth.  I took him to Desert Blooms park to open the Forgotten Grotto.  Prior to going there, he had 7/10 hours fished showing on his milestone.  Sometime after returning with him, I noticed that he now was at -11/10 hours.  I let him fish on the home lot for a while to see what would happen.  Next time I checked on him, he was at -9/10 hours.  I wasn't in the mood to have him do 28 hours of fishing (21 to get to 10 from -11 plus the 7 I knew he had already done).  So once I was sure that he had completed 10 hours and then some, I used the complete current milestone cheat.

Message 114 of 180 (892 Views)
Highlighted

can't progress in the location aspiration of sims 4

★★★★ Novice

I've tried four times now with a new game each time to work on the Location Aspiration in City Living.   All four times, my sim gets to the 2nd portion of the aspiration and I get the bubble blower from buy/build mode, have them use it...  and nothing happens.  No progression.  Nothing.  Help please!

Message 115 of 180 (893 Views)

Re: can't progress in the location aspiration of sims 4

Hero

Hi @corgisim

I merged your thread with the aspiration collection thread. I'll test this

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 116 of 180 (878 Views)

Hero

Hi @corgisim

I've tested this and had no issues with my own Sim so a few questions

• Have you been using a default color ?
  • Did you try any of the ones in already placed in the city ?
  • Are you living in the city (just to be sure)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 117 of 180 (872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, no mods.  Just the game itself.  On a PC.

Message 118 of 180 (862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What do you mean by default color?  My sim is living in the city.  I've tried the bubble blower from buy mode, I can't remember if I've tried the ones from the street vendors, so I'll try that.

Message 119 of 180 (861 Views)

Hero

DId you just place it or did you choose a different color than the first one available in buy/build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 120 of 180 (855 Views)