Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized by aspiration)

Hero
@begiraa The LE points towards this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-LE-for-Family-Aspiration/td-p/7958790/ probably for the third part of your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 39 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also having this issue. I am trying the Public Enemy aspiration. My sim was already level 7 in the career but it is not recognizing the reach level 4 task.

Message 32 of 39 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

I noticed today that I won a duel with a spellcaster and it didn't update my aspiration. Attached is a screenshot where I got the Moodlet, but not the advancement on my aspiration.

I am running a fresh install on a new machine. No mods or CC. All packs.No Aspy Gain - Spellcaster Duel.png

Message 33 of 39 (987 Views)

Hero
@Kadrian33 EA is looking for saves for this.

Please send yours to SimGuruNick as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Aspiration-not-completing-Sim-activity-is-not/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 39 (978 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

★★★★ Guide

I have a problem with tasks not registering as well. I'm trying to complete Angling Ace 'Hooked', 'Fish for 10 total hours'. My sim has been stuck at 9/10 hours fished ever since I moved him from the base game world into the apartment world. I moved him into the penthouse. I've fished for far longer than 10 hours, I've maxed the fishing skill and almost completed the collection. I've tried a few things, saving and exiting, traveling between neighborhoods, taking a vacation to Granite Falls, and eventually (after I play in the area a bit more) I plan to move him out of apartments and see if moving again unsticks him. I completed the other tasks in the 'Hooked' list before I moved the sim, so I don't know whether it's just the one task that's stuck, or the whole aspiration

Message 35 of 39 (807 Views)

★ Guide

i've had this glitch a long time. I use a cheat to complete the stage so when i know i've done it. 

Message 36 of 39 (782 Views)

Champion

If anyone else still has this issue with the duelling goal like I do... I found the way around it is to be the challenger and then win. Accepting another Sims challenge doesn't unlock the aspiration for me. Sometimes it doesn't unlock at the duelling grounds either but it does by duelling in the street.

On the issue of aspirations not fulfilling, I also have this with Cottage Living. I purchased 2 llamas but the aspiration goal still didn't register. It's also always got stuck on mansion baron. It says I have no windows most times. I have to add the windows again a few times in build mode. On City Living, giving a house key to a friend doesn't unlock, only apartment keys and there is a house in the city but if you live there you can't complete that goal. On Xbox series S so can't share saves.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 37 of 39 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:XB
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? Newest version
What happens when the bug occurs? When performing a task in an aspiration. It wont count or can not complete.
What do you expect to see? Aspirations recognize activities by the Sim and complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe: I been having issues with the "Good Vampre" Aspiration for my whole household. Even on Caleb the premade sims. It will not complete the "Do not Drink Deeply" one shows for 5 days (which on Calebs will not complete) And on my own sims will not get passed "Go 14 days with out Drinking Deeply" I had it at 13, got the newest update and it went back to 0 and now it dont count past 0. All my kids cant complete that aspiration or anyone in my household (even when they move out) I have been having issues with this one no matter if I make a new account an start over or not. Also the Secret Grilled Cheese Aspiration. When you have the Store trait "Stove and Grill Master" and the aspiration says make 10 Excellent Grilled Cheese. I can only get "Impeccable" and it doesn't count toward the aspiration either. So those 2 Aspirations I have restarted new games for and no matter what they always can NOT be completed. Can you please fix!

Message 38 of 39 (511 Views)

Hero

Going to archive this thread as there was a general issue that doesn't seem to occur anymore.

If anyone has issues with a certain aspiration, please create ONE thread per aspiration you have issues with.

Check the compiled list first if there's already a thread.

@AmazingSura 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (473 Views)