[ARCHIVE] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got a new computer so I downloaded the game again today and and started a fresh game. The neighbours came over to celebrate, I guess, but there were no notification about a welcoming party. And they couldn't enter the apartment (my sim talked to them). My sim found a third one in the hallway to befriend, one who didn't ring the doorbell, and that one could enter the house. The two welcoming sims won't enter and they also won't leave. After about 18 h I decided to go travel with the two guests that didn't want to leave, and go home without them, as I've read that is  a possible solution. After a few hours they came back, but they have changed who carried the fruitcake. They're heartbroken and hungry and just stands there.

Version 1.59.73.1020

Message 41 of 86 (1,318 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue too, I was on like a month like hiatus and didn´t had the  Problem and now when I started the sims 4 again recently, random townies entered my sims house without knocking and having no relationship to my sim. The unwanted guests act like as if ist their own house and then leave after some hours by themselfes or after a day.

Even after changing lots, the Problem still persists. Also deleted outdated mods,cc and repaired my game but that didn´t help.

Message 42 of 86 (1,274 Views)

Sims will not leave after event/after being invited, Strangers entering house

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Feb 4 2020 update, not sure what the number is. Happened before update as well
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Extra Food Event/Sims invited to residential lot
What happens when the bug occurs? In Sulani after the Extra Food event (or sometimes just when sims are invited to the lot) some Sims will stay on the residential lot for days afterwards at a time. In addition random sims that nobody in the family knows will wander onto the lot and make use of the facilities, watch tv, take food, etc. Strangers should not be entering my Sim's house randomly.
What do you expect to see? Ask to Leave option to not disappear, strangers should not be able to enter the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

They can be locked out of the house but will just loiter outside, even peeing themselves/passing out/becoming uncomfortable due to weather. Ask to Leave never shows up and Go Away only temporarily chases them away. They sometimes leave on their own (no notification that they are leaving, they just don't come back until next time) and I can sometimes travel and have them not be there when I get back but not always. Since they're my sims friends I usually take pity on them and let them back in the house but I can't get them to leave.

Message 43 of 86 (1,281 Views)

Re: Sims will not leave after event/after being invited, Strangers entering hous

Hero
@KitsunenoTora Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 86 (1,250 Views)

[CL] Neighbors Come Over to Apartment and No Ask to Leave Option

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff, Spa Day, Strangerville Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live in an apartment with neighbors on the same floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The neighbors enter into the apartment and act as they live there without being invited in. They will cook and clean. The option to ask them to leave is missing. They don't have apartment keys.
What do you expect to see? Neighbors to stay in their own apartment and the ability to ask them to leave when I no longer want them over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems the Sims entering the apartment are the food vendors.  This occurs when there is a storm and the Sims run inside.  The Sim that was the neighbor was also one of the food vendors.  The food vendors that are not neighbors can be asked to leave.  The one that was a neighbor could not be asked to leave.  Also, her entire household started acting like they lived in my Sim's apartment instead of their own.

Message 45 of 86 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was able to get the Sims to leave by moving the household back out of the world and then back in.  Has this worked for anyone else?

Message 46 of 86 (1,205 Views)

stans/paparazzi/tourists/NPC's walk into Penthouses uninvited.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a celebrity sim with "stan!" quirk on move into a newly built/downloaded designed penthouse(not maxis design) and wait till the stans show up or if the lot trait is celebrity housing, wait till the tourists start showing up.
What happens when the bug occurs? when a celebrity lives in a penthouse in San Mashyuno, even when the lot trait doesn't have celebrity housing. even sims without the goofball/insane trait break in and stans just raid my house of anything they can pick up.
What do you expect to see? everyone, even friends without keys stand out in the elevator lobby, either waiting to be invited in or ignored like all the other apartments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I noticed this happens A LOT and i assumed it was in a patch but it never fixed for me. fortunately for me, it only happens in the Penthouses of my own design/design of others i download. when i used the original Maxis design that's preset to each penthouse, it never happened. i remade a save file to see if i can fix it my own, changed the doors, changed where the elevator is located, nothing is fixing it and its nerve wrecking that i can't have my favorite sims enjoy the big city life without either dealing with neighbors, or their stans breaking in and stealing the poor puppers food bowl. even the paparazzi and tourists decide that it is 100% ok to walk in and harass my sims, steal stuff. this happened before i started modding and never been fixed since. 

never happened in housing, never happened in smaller apartments, not even the 3rd floor preset penthouse, just the ones you freely build (Torendi Tower Penthouse, Fountainview Penthouse, StarGazer Lounge converted to residential)

i REALLY dont want to keep locking/unlocking my door unless sims with apartment key can get in, even unlocking for clubs becomes a hassle cause my sim has so many friends, its hard to keep up with. if there is a way i can fix myself, please let me know what i need to do to get the problem fixed!!

Message 47 of 86 (1,197 Views)

Re: stans/paparazzi/tourists/NPC's walk into Penthouses uninvited.

Hero
@Ci13L I merged your post with existing thread on this. There's currently one thread for all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 86 (1,181 Views)

Re: stans/paparazzi/tourists/NPC's walk into Penthouses uninvited.

★★ Novice
@crinrict thanks!
Message 49 of 86 (1,178 Views)

Lorenzo Luke won't leave

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4 delux
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Magic Realm
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims character Lorenzo Luke
What happens when the bug occurs? Lorenzo Luke just showed up at Wisp family home and just walked in and won't leave. Tried being mean, ask to leave, magic spell. He will disappear for a second or two like he is leaving and then comes right back.
What do you expect to see? He is the make up artist for the actors and maybe I had another Sims character say or do something to cause Lorenzo to just show up at his house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I will check custom mode but can't think of what I did to cause this only changed how long someone ages. I think

Message 50 of 86 (1,145 Views)