Re: random npc's entering my apartment

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Uninvited sims entering my house all the time and never go

Hero
@theangel360 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 86 (1,176 Views)

random npc's entering my apartment

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Movie Hangouts
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in an apartment. Let them do their thing and wait until a random npc barges in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random NPC's that my sims have never met come into my apartment and act like nothing is up. They get some water, do push ups, watch tv etc. And I can't ask them to leave. Even after I have introduced myself to them I can't ask them to leave, I can only say 'goodbye', but they won't leave.
What do you expect to see? That no one random comes in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think it might have something to do with the yard sale? I tried selling my paintings on the street and a couple of sim days after, after leaving the game and coming back to it, the bug started happening.

Message 72 of 86 (1,151 Views)

Random sims entering residential lot and not leaving

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living Get Together Get to Work Backyard stuff Kids room stuff Movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a residential lot in Windenburg, randoms sims keep letting themselves in and wont leave. There is no 'ask to leave' option coming up at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? On a residential lot in Windenburg, randoms sims keep letting themselves in and wont leave. There is no 'ask to leave' option coming up at all.
What do you expect to see? People to not randomly enter my house. Or if they do, an 'ask to leave' option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I found out that the only way to make them leave it to add the sim to my household and then split them off into another household. This problem occurs every in-world day though and its driving me mad. 😂 Anyone know how to fix this? Or an easier way to resolve it than keep moving the sim in and out of my household?

Message 73 of 86 (1,139 Views)

Hero
@A250196 I merged your post with the master thread on this

It's possible that the yard sale also has something to do with it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Yard-Sale-Customers-Wander-Around-the-House/td-... but it's strange that it happens after the yeard sale was over.

@idkginamaybe Also merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 86 (1,119 Views)

★ Guide

Two problems I'm having are in Sulani (sorry I couldn't find a specific thread about these that was open). Random people enter my home without knocking and act like they live there, stay for less than a minute, then leave. Whenever Lilliana Kealoha comes to my lot (Welcome Wagon or Kava Party), she will never leave. I have to play that household and send her home..There is no option to ask her to leave. I haven't tried inviting her over yet to see if the options there.

Message 75 of 86 (1,069 Views)

Private Dwelling Lot Trait Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP01
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Island Living, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a household in Sulani with the house right by the ocean. Give the lot the ‘Private Dwelling’ trait. Play game as normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random NPCs who have been swimming in the ocean will make their way into my sim’s home, despite having the ‘Private Dwelling’ lot trait. They use the toilet and shower, eat my sim’s food, play on the computer and basically treat it like their own home, before randomly leaving after a few hours game time. I can’t just lock the doors because then my sims can’t have the visitors they want (i.e. family members from other households).
What do you expect to see? NPCs staying far away from my house and not just wandering in and using everything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

EDIT by Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 76 of 86 (974 Views)

Why was there a stranger in my house who wouldn't leave?

★★★★ Apprentice

I kept trying to find 'goodbye' or anything 'nice' to tell him - he came in because there was a fire and then all my sims left for work or school and he just stayed, ate food, was on the computer and so on. When they all came home, I tried to find 'goodbye' to tell him to leave in a nice way but there was no option? He slept in the beds and was altogether rude, so in the end I had to tell him 'go away', 4 times, shove him, and then 'go away' again which finally worked - it took all evening and spoiled everything I had planned to do and it wasn't funny at all. Why couldn't I just tell him 'goodbye'?

Message 77 of 86 (1,057 Views)

Re: Why was there a stranger in my house who wouldn't leave?

Hero
@Vingedheart Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 86 (1,012 Views)

Re: Why was there a stranger in my house who wouldn't leave?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This happened to me once when playing in Windenburg. I had invited some guests over for Winterfest, and then they wouldn't leave. At all. They slept on the couch, used the shower, raided the fridge, everything. I think this might have been triggered by a blizzard? I felt kind of bad since I hadn't even noticed the blizzard going on until I saw the guests walking in a strange fashion to the house. You know, when it looks like they're struggling against the wind. There was no option to tell them to leave, and even after the blizzard stopped, it took forever for all of them to finally leave. One at a time, the guests would leave on their own, but these leavings were pretty far between.

Message 79 of 86 (985 Views)

Re: Ask to leave option is missing again

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@ShinoTypeErrorThis is not a 'personal issue' with anyone's computer, mods or anything else - it's a game issue and it's annoying to say the least - please get it fixed! (It is NOT fixed!) For some reason it happens in Sulani A LOT and it disturbs game-play - so again - please just fix it. That's all there is to it. Not all these posts with what computer do you use and unnecessary information - it's an issue with the game and the devs need to fix it. At least let there be an option to ask these strangers to leave! I don't want to have to move out, go to another lot or whatever, I just want to be able to ask strangers to leave my house. That's all. (This was not aimed at the person I responded to but just a general post for the devs - if they even read any of this.)

@crinrictYes, amazing that this game-bug hasn't been fixed for so long. As I said in the above; it's not an issue with any specific event or anyone's computer or mods or anything else - it's an issue with the game that needs to be fixed already! 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 80 of 86 (1,192 Views)