Re: Uninvited stranger lets himself in my house and fridge and starts cooking (b

by fishonamission

Original Post

Re: Stranger sims on residential lot and no ask to leave interaction?

★ Apprentice

My problem is pretty much the same as @jhawksworth except Sims leave in odd hours. I can't ask them to leave and they do whatever pleases them. The problem is not only there, whenever I travel back and forth; all lots even community lots seem to summon me [with other sims]. These sims are random sims and they have nothing to do with the lot [like a restaurant had 7 sims randomly standing there listening to music with no npc showing up when I visited it on a date]. However, this happened twice in 5 visits. so 50% chance of this occurring. My most annoyance come from the npcs that come with me into my apartment, do whatever they like, eat my food and play with my pets! It can be any hour and they still will come in! Frown

Message 31 of 86 (2,634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)

★ Guide

Lillith turned up but I couldn't ask her to leave, in the end I invited her outside to "chat here" and locked all the doors and had to wait for her to leave on her own.  

Message 32 of 86 (2,609 Views)

Random Sims in my house. PS4

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage Glamour Stuff, Get Together, Get Famous, StrangerVille, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its random, Sims enter my house lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random Sims enter my house all the time, use it like it was their’s and I can’t even asked then to leave.
What do you expect to see? Random Sims should not enter my house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.20 patch

Since the last patch 1.20, my Sims 4 is horrible. Sims just stand there, freeze and don’t do the actions I select. But the worst part is random Sims enter my lot and use my house. I don’t even have the option to ask them to leave because they are random and don’t have any relationship with my sim. I’ve been trying to play it and hope it doesn’t happen again but it keeps happening, with diffrent Sims and diffrent lots. It’s really annoying and ruins the gameplay experience. I just turned my game off and probably won’t turn it on until It’s fixed. I’m so frustated, especially since I spend a lot of money in the past couple of weeks in expansion packs. 

Message 33 of 86 (2,598 Views)

Re: Random Sims in my house. PS4

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issues with 122 Hakim House across multiple files. In the image attached below, there are two NPC sims (one a vendor) walking into the apartment. That is just one file as in another, Baako would barge in unannounced as well. All these NPCs just barging in without a key is making living in apartments, esp. 122 Hakim House, unplayable. Houses are safe (for the most part) since random sims will knock, but it is still annoying to have random NPCs walk up and knock or just barge in as if they live there. Fix this please.

12-10-19_9-19-51 PM.png

Message 34 of 86 (2,545 Views)

Random Sims come into my house

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE:1.58.691010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SP01, GP01, EP01, SP02, FP01, GP02, SP08, GP07, EP03, EP04, EP07
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I will show you screenshots, the lot is Caldera Camp
What happens when the bug occurs? Random neighbors goes into my house and drink water from the sink. Then they leave the glass on the floor and leave.
What do you expect to see? I expect the neighbors to stay outside, until I let them in or befriend them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest update and EP07, GP07 and SP08

Random neighbors goes into my house and drink water from the sink. Then they leave the glass on the floor and leave. I haven't befriended these random sims.

Message 35 of 86 (2,552 Views)

Uninvited stranger lets himself in my house and fridge and starts cooking (bug?)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? latest version with the latest patch (note: for how often bug occurs question, there's no answer, but had to click one)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? only GTW and holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ? don't know. I just want to ask if this behavior is normal or a bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? an un-introduced sim walked into my house uninvited, and went into the fridge and started cooking. ( I don't know if he knocked either, I didn't notice it.)
What do you expect to see? I'd expect that if the un-introduced sim isn't crazy, he'd knock first, introduce himself, and even then he shouldn't help himself to my fridge and start cooking. what if his skills would have been bad and he'd have burned my home down when my sims were upstairs minding their business- which is what they were doing before I noticed that guy going to my fridge when I was about to make my sim go downstairs to use toilet. Afterwards, I interrupted his cooking, and I made my sim give rude introduction and said to go away a few times, (that was rude made me feel bad :D ), (but he's rude intruding...but 'I' like that sim..) ,eventually he went out the door and I quickly locked it except for household sims, but then I noticed he immediately started cooking on my BBQ outside, no counter or table space and he's locked out now, so he puts hotdogs on the ground after they're cooked, and finally leaves. (ps: I put his hotdogs in the fridge, they're cooked anyway, what's done is done, and since I know he's not a bad guy and the food is probably delicious Wink the kids will eat it later.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have the latest patch, but I don't know if this behavior could have happened before the patch, I didn't play enough game to find out if it would be a recurrent thing. This game is new and on a different computer. I played a different copy of the game a few years ago on another PC, and this never happened before when I used to play it back then.

more info in case you need it: It happened on rindle rose lot, a house I just evicted someone from and moved in a new family consisting of a teen and a child Kian and Finn. The sim who wasn't introduced yet who trespassed was a young adult I have created on another lot in another town, Eugene who has a child and 2 toddlers. 

Glad he has cooking baking and gourmet skills cheat maxed to 10, so he couldn't burn anything down, but what if a 'skill 1' sim had showed up and done this, he could have ruined my house and hurt my kids. The doors weren't locked, but I guess if I lock it I should also start fencing in my lot areas too with BBQ on it, so they won't touch that either then. 

(note: I don't need friendly neighborhood adults to break into my lot to feed my kids, they are capable of grabbing a cheese and ham sandwich or something from fridge, so his butting in was unnecessary and just weird. the trespassers traits were foodie/bookworm/active/essence of flavor, and he has a cadet job and is a single father.) This is a normal residential lot, did this happen because my household was only a teen and child? because there's no adults there? and an adult sim thinks he has to look after them? Standard smile if this was real life, the teen would probably call the cops, and the adult would probably call social services.

And, I had no lot traits set. and I've never used cc on this game yet.

(random extra info: I rarely let my sims cook since I'm OCD and worry they'll burn down the house and rarely have the time to give sims cooking points cheats, since I spend more time creating then playing, so I don't like that random sims might start coming around and making me paranoid with the stove. and its unfortunate for building that I may have to put fences around BBQs, sometimes it doesn't go with the build idea and could be in the way, especially on tiny lots, which I usually use since I have a low end pc.)

That is all.

So, my Question: is this a bug, or, does the game have no rules sometimes and it's normal for this to happen. ? Standard smile

-------------------------------------------

update: just want to point out, since this was merged, that unlike most others reporting the bug, mine didn't happen from a party or event, and as I noted above I don't have apartments, mine was just a normal home, with the adult from newcrest, intruding on a home on willow creek. and I also didn't see the option to 'ask to leave', that's why I used 'go away' or whatever it's called, in the mean area, instead. which didn't work, he only walked out the house because he was going to my BBQ.

Message 36 of 86 (2,516 Views)

Re: Uninvited stranger lets himself in my house and fridge and starts cooking (b

Hero
@Lightsims8 I merged your post with existing report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 86 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue in one of the penthouses in Foxbury. Random Sims will stand in my hallway for awhile, then eventually they'll just start doing stuff. I've also suddenly (after the latest patch) had multiple random Sims in my house when I come back to the lot from traveling somewhere. They'll be on the computer, watching TV, etc. There is no option to ask them to leave because they were never invited in to begin with. For those who don't mind mods I have been using LittleMissSam's "Force to Leave" mod. With that you just click on any doorway, and the option to "Force to Leave..." will come up. You just choose which Sims you want to leave the lot and they immediately go. I find this very helpful in other lots when too many fans are bugging my celeb Sim Standard smile But seriously, that mod is a gamechanger for me.

Message 38 of 86 (2,478 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have a problem with uninvited sims coming into my sims' home.

My sim family is living in Sulani. Currently the lot DOES NOT have the "Private Dwelling" trait.

This does NOT occur after any parties or social events - it just seems to happen randomly.

The sims coming in have never been introduced to any of my active sims.

There is no "ask to leave" option to get these unwanted sims to leave.

I'm currently running the MC Command Center mod, however I have had this problem before installing the mod.

Message 39 of 86 (2,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’m having issues with ALL my Sulani plots that have access to the water and have the ladder leading up into the home. I noticed since day one I installed the game, random sims I don’t know AND friends my sims know (who don’t have keys) will either knock/or not knock on the front door, and if I don’t reply, will swim to the back of the house, climbs the ladder and proceed to go through the back door and start to make themselves at home. Other times I noticed the mailman/woman will swim through the back and go through the back door and exit through the front door to deliver my mail and then proceed to try to leave the same way. I finally locked my doors and it seemed to work. Then it started happening again but this time random sims will appear inside the house/back patio DESPITE me having a fence in the back blocking them from going anywhere past the ladder/main patio area and also locking those said gates AND also locking the front door! I noticed that if I choose “Allow access to..” on any doors it will still allow those I disallowed. So I decided just lock it for everyone except household which SUCKS cuz I want to keep my pets INSIDE! So now I have to have yet ANOTHER gate disallowing only PETS! This is ridiculous on how far I have gone to keep these unwanted Sulani PESTS! I even went as far as FINALLY installing mods to help me keep them out and I HATE that I’ve also had to add a few more to FIX what EA hasn’t fixed for almost 6 years!  Thankfully I can ask them to leave (even if I don’t know them, and this also happens with or without the private dwelling lot trait might I add) but this is just ridiculous!

i have the latest update (just checked a moment ago if there was anymore since the last one dec 12 2019 patch 1.59.73.1020), had no mods until just a moment ago to help me keep those pests out and fix a few other issues i was having and other features that seemed broken ESPECIALLY with sulani and university. I have updated my graphics card and windows 10 is up to date. 

P.S. I also noticed when my sim was in uni, living on campus, random children and teens would appear in the school campuses (both of them on separate game files too). It just seems...odd. And don’t get me started on the roommate issues (messy dorms, spoiled food, roommates all starving, pissing, and smelling, YUCK!)

Message 40 of 86 (2,398 Views)