Re: Stranger sims on residential lot and no ask to leave interaction?

by jodierebecca

Original Post

Re: Uninvited Guests Constantly Showing Up At Houses/Apartments

Hero
@Aoqi888 I will give your save a try tomorrow to see if there's a difference. If not, I'll forward it to QA so that it at least does some good :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 86 (1,156 Views)

Stranger sims on residential lot and no ask to leave interaction?

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a lot in any neighbourhood and wait a little while for stranger sims to start coming round.
What happens when the bug occurs? Strange sims (sometimes friends, but they normally have the 'ask to leave' interaction available) arrive at my sim's lots. They do whatever they want, sleep in the beds and stay for days on end. There is no 'ask to leave' or 'say goodbye' interaction. My lot is residential (not generic, as per suggested fix in earlier threads).
What do you expect to see? Sims leaving at an appropriate hour in the night like they used to? Sims keeping to social norms by not sleeping in others sims beds. Speed being able to go super fast while all sims are sleeping because no sims are wandering around the house all night
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Standard smile

Message 22 of 86 (1,158 Views)

Hero
@jhawksworth Merged your post with existing thread

Does the lot trait matter at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 86 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well! On a university pre-made dorm, so no traits associated. It's super annoying. 

Message 24 of 86 (1,119 Views)

Hero
@jodierebecca was this after some kind of social event or just out of the blue ? I mean there's often visitors in the dorms. It's also so you can pick new ones if you choose too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 86 (1,108 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lot trait - have set it to 'private dwelling' but visitors still come round and won't leave.

It isn't caused by a social event or anything - random sims just turn up at all times during the day and there's no option to ask them to leave.

If i restart my game, the 'ask to leave' option appears. After a while of gameplay, it disappears again.

Message 26 of 86 (1,093 Views)

★ Guide

with my new game I had a sim show up during the 2nd week of playing kick my trashcan in the outside and after put it up again direct entering my house without be talked to (or any sim given a key to the house),

Because I could ask her to leave its not a me to for this bug although its probably still a bug that sim direct enter the house without be invited in or even talked to before.

Message 27 of 86 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict hello! there was no event ongoing. i stayed in the smaller 4 person dorm for B-Uni. It wasn't just YA/A who arrived. I had toddlers, children and teenagers all randomly in the property all refusing to leave. It was almost as if they were stuck there, the toddlers esp were a issue as they just kept crying. Eventually, I had to download the MCC, and used that to force them all to leave before locking the doors of the property. 

This didn't stop them all spawning once more in the garden area, but as they couldn't get into the property, I just left them there to suffer. 

Message 28 of 86 (1,070 Views)

Hero
@jodierebecca That sounds very odd, especially the toddlers and children.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 86 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just to add my two cents:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a lot in Sulani and wait a little while.
What happens when the bug occurs? Strangers just walk into the home and grab water, use the bathroom, get food, or whatever else they feel like doing.They don't have the option to ask to leave unless they are someone the sim knows.
What do you expect to see? Strangers respecting the boundaries of a residential lot. If they're not invited in, they shouldn't come in. Even if they are friends with the family they shouldn't be able to enter without having been given a key.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but they shouldn't affect this. It was never a problem before Island Living.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Island Living started this.

Capture.PNG

Message 30 of 86 (1,052 Views)